Chapter Seven: Connor's Transformation

Connor's POV

Two weeks later, Connor was finally getting to leave the hell hole.

If there was anything he learned there, it was that Evan was fucking cute and that hospitals have terrible food.

As his family checked him out, Connor called his boyfriend.

"Evie, send help," he whispered. There was a pause on the other end.

"Connie? Are y-you alright?" Evan asked. Connor stifled a laughed.

"I'm being tortured over here. Someone is banging on our house door and they're shouting. I'm scared," was it cruel to scare your anxiety filled boyfriend?

Another pause. "Connie, turn around." He hung up. Did Evan really go to his house?

Either way, Connor turned around. His eyes were met with the same blue pair of Evan's.

His boyfriend stood there, phone in hand. He was holding a cookie.

Connor chuckled awkwardly. "Whoops. Heh, didn't know you were here!" He said.

Evan rolled his eyes. "And I didn't know you were l-leaving today. Mom asked me to help out a bit, bring in s-supplies and stuff."

Zoe turned towards him. "Connor, come on, we're going," she called.

Connor stood up, kissed Evan, took a bite of the cookie he was about to eat, and left.

He heard Evan faintly shouting, "CONNOR THAT WAS MY COOKIE!" He laughed as his family gave him a look.

"Hey, at least I didn't steal it," he said, putting his hands up. Zoe smacked her head while his parents sighed.

Driving home, Connor received a bunch of text from Evan threatening him for eating his cookie. Nevertheless, Connor had no regrets.

As soon as he arrived home, Connor collapsed into his bed, not even caring about closing his door.

Zoe walked in a few seconds later, leaning against the frame with her arms crossed.

"You missed New Years, you know," she commented. "So, that mean we'll be going back to school tomorrow."

Connor groaned. "Stupid hospital for keeping me in that long," He muttered.

Zoe walked in, a face of disgust-probably because of the weed scent in his room-appeared on her face.

"Why did you do it?" She asked gently.

"Because my life is a fucking nightmare," he answered, shrugging. Zoe sighed.

"Be more specific. Like, you seemed pretty fine before that day," she demanded. Connor laughed sheepishly.

"Miguel might have forced me to kiss him at the exact same time Evan saw us and so he thought I was cheating-I wasn't cheating, Miguel forced it-and so...well...we got into a little fight. Well it was more like him telling me he couldn't trust me anymore and so on," he rushed out.

Zoe hummed slowly, nodding her head. "So, on a completely unrelated topic, do you know where dad's shotgun is? I will not throw away my shot," She asked calmly.

Connor rolled his eyes. "Nope. And even if I did I'd probably be using that to kill myself."

Zoe flinched. Leave it to Connor to make suicidal depressing jokes. Woop woop.

Silence.

Zoe coughed.

Silence.

Connor brushed hair from his face.

Silence.

"Let me put makeup on your face," Zoe said randomly, not even waiting for her brother's answer before running to the bathroom to grab her supplies.

What did I get myself into again?

Zoe came in a minute later with a pile of random makeup....stuff.

Zoe also had multiple hair ties on her wrist and a packet of bobby-pins in her mouth.

She throws them all on Connor's carpeted floor and looked through them. "While we're at it let's redo your nails to something that represents you," she muttered.

"Gay?" He asked. Zoe stopped rummaging through the pile to look at him.

"I was gonna say black like your soul, but rainbows work too," she shrugged, taking a circle container with skin colored stuff in it.

"Watch as I transform you," she announced. Connor groaned.

"Let's see if you're better than Alana at this shit."

~Transformation!~

After three entire hour of makeup, sneezing, redoing makeup, dress up, more sneezing, more redoing makeup, and gay nails, Connor was a completely different person.

But damn, did he look good.

His face looked flawless, and his hair was in a bun. Zoe ended up putting extensions for his nails because apparently, his nails were too short for the rainbow to look good.

He was wearing a black and blue sweatshirt and his typical ripped black jeans.

"Woah, who are you and where did you put my brother?" Zoe asked, staring at his reflection with him.

She was putting her makeup away while Connor checked himself in he bathroom.

"Wait until mom and dad see this," she whispered. Connor poked her cheek.

"If they don't recognize me, it'll be your fault," he said. Zoe rolled her eyes.

As if on cue, Cynthia shouted, "Dinner!"

The two Murphy siblings heard their father trudging down the stairs.

"Okay, so here is the plan, I got out there and then you come out when I say so, got it? Also, do a pose," she instructed. Connor nodded and watched as Zoe walked, standing on the edge of the top of the stairs.

"Mom! Dad! I have something to tell you before dinner!" She called. Their parents looked up from the table.

"I have transformed Connor into something!" She explained. Larry and Cynthia shared a glance while Connor tried to stop himself from laughing.

"Here comes my creations!" She called, waving her hands around as if presenting Connor.

The brunette walked confidently down the stairs, striking a pose on the end.

His parent's eyes widened. "Waddup," He said casually, taking a seat. Zoe sat down next to him.

"Zoe, please tell me you didn't put eye shadow on him."

"DANG IT I FORGOT!!"