dysthymia

Krel shuffled the playlist on his phone, slipping his headphones over his human ears as he set to work on his project. As of now, it was a mess of mechanical pieces and wires, but he'd fix it into something compelling soon. Something. Something...

He would.

Something.

What actually is something?

He doesn't mean to get philosophical, but it's not nothing. Therefore something. Yes, he's gone over that. It's something. Just some thing.

...

Krel looked at the mess in front of him. He looked at his hands. Then the mess. His bed. The Mess. His hands. They seemed to be shaking. The Mess. His hands. His bed. The Mess. He wanted to stand there and stare at it all day.

He pulled his eyes away.

He'll... just work on the something later. He can't think of anything right now. Maybe his partner in the project, Darci, one of his sister's friends, will have an idea. He doesn't. He's been like that lately.

Krel sighs and pulls his headphones down, rubbing his eyes. He doesn't quite know why, but whenever he's been in his human form lately, there's been noticeable darkness below them, and his limbs have felt... slow? Was that really the right word to describe them? None the matter, he had better things to do than think about how to describe the dull aching in his limbs. Better things to do.

...

He looked at his alarm clock, collapsed into his bed, and fell asleep. He can just exist tomorrow, or at least later tonight when he wakes up to his 11 pm alarm. It was 9 pm.

~~

I was writing an extension of this where Krel has an intervention and gets more sleep but scrapped it halfway through. If you guys want that, you can request it, but otherwise, it's not worth my time. Thanks for reading, though.