Inizio

Song Ara. A girl born and raised in Maldives, found her way back to her hometown, Seoul. Now she works as a part time waiter/cashier as she continues her studies. She also models but only does that when she's not busy.

"Where are you, Ara? You're gonna miss the first class." Her friend, Nayin,  said through the phone.

"I'm here." Nayin jumped and sighed when she saw Ara right beside her.

"You know, you should sleep early. It's not normal for a girl our age to even be working." Ara is technically not even legal to work. She's 17

Ara sighed and walked with her friend to class. "I have to help my mom. She's already having a hard time with my younger siblings and my younger brother doesn't really care so it's natural for me to help her."

"But still, at least get some rest."

The whole day, Nayin was nagging at her for not sleeping at all. There was even one time when Ara didn't sleep for 3 days straight when her mother went to labor and she had to take care of her other younger brother who was too young to even pack his lunch to school.

"Nayin, stop."

"Fine, I'll stop if you have a story to tell me." Ara looked at her confused.

"See? You don't even have a story to share because you think they're all boring."

"They are all boring. Unless you want to hear all the things I do for my younger siblings." Nayin choked on her drink, making Ara chuckle.

"No thanks. I despise them. You're an angel living with 3 mini devils." Ara shrugged and smiled at her friend.

They continued eating since its their break time. After eating, they got back to their classes and continued until it was dismissal time. Ara and Nayin walked together to buy some stuff at the bookshop.

"Hey look... This could be helpful with our project on Greek gods and goddesses." She showed a book at Ara and immediately bought it because not only is it needed, Ara loved the style of the book. It was old but still has a modern taste to it.

She went home and greeted her mom happily as she continues to watch the kids.

"Mom, let me help you there." She said when she saw her mother washing dishes.

"No, it's alright, my dear. Just help Alex at the restaurant. He kinda needs help." She smiled at her mom and ran downstairs after changing into her casual clothes.

She got to the restaurant that is only steps away from her house and grabbed an air on as fast as possible.

"Thank goodness, Ara! For some reason, there are so many customers." He said as he looks at Ara managing the cashier counter.

"Well, I'm here to help." She smiled at the older guy and they continued working until late at night.

They finished and closed the restaurant and they bid goodbye to each other. Ara then sluggishly walked her way home because of tiredness. She got into their home, seeing her mom sleeping in her room along with her baby twin sisters in their cribs and she saw her younger brother sleeping in his own room.

Ara cleaned up the living room a little bit and went straight to her bedroom. It's already 11:30 pm.

"Do I have homework?" She said to herself as she opened her bag and to much surprise, she has.

She got out the book that Nayin bought for her at the bookshop and opened it to read some and then summarize it.

As she was reading page-to-page, she saw something wedged between two pages at the pages of the Greek God of sleep (Hypnos) and Greek Goddess of Relaxation (Pasithea). It was a necklace that's really pretty.

"Who owns this?" She asked to herself as she looks closely. For some reason, Ara tried wearing it and immediately falling in love with it. (media above)

"I mean, it wouldn't hurt to keep it... right?" She thought to herself.

And she wore it to sleep.