70. Begin Again - Part Eight

a/n: posting this a little earlier than planned because it's finished and I figured why hold it off from you guys? this has genuinely been one of my favorite series (I know I say that for like every series don't @ me) and I'm glad a lot of you liked it! I have lots of plans for new works and to finish some requests - next is another soulmate au (sorry not sorry) but I have no idea when I can update again. hopefully soon!

also, I have watched endgame a couple days ago but please remember that a lot of people haven't seen it yet. please don't spoil the movie - don't put anything in the comments for the sake of those who can't see it for a while. thanks! hope you guys enjoy the movie and this chapter! 

reminder: my requests are closed!

warnings: language, angst, mentions of drinking, death mentions/allusions, blood/slightly graphic? only slightly, ptsd/anxiety, 👀, harry who? 

Peter woke up to a bottle of advil and cup of water by his bed, and a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach that wasn't just nausea.

He didn't drink very often, and it usually took a lot for him to get drunk because his powers fought against it. But it was possible, and he proved that only once before when he and Ned were being stupid and wanted to test it out.

Now he did it for the second time, and he really wished he hadn't.

You didn't leave any trace that you were there except for the advil and water, which brought some anxiety to his stomach. He wanted to call and make sure you got home alright, he knew you had been drinking too and the thought of you wandering back alone made him feel even more sick.

But he stumbled out of his room to see one of his blankets draped over the back of the couch and relaxed a little. You must've slept on the couch and left this morning. His chest tightened at that, wondering if you stayed because you didn't want to go home alone and drunk, or maybe...you wanted to make sure he was okay until the morning.

He scrapped that thought quickly, highly doubting it was the latter. You probably hated him, especially after that stupid stunt he pulled last night.

He felt sick again as soon as he remembered. Why was he so stupid? 

Instead of dwelling on that he went to his room to grab his phone, knowing that he should at least thank you. The amount of messages you had sent from the last two months made him more annoyed at himself, but it wasn't like he could change it now.

thanks for bringing me home

He bit his lip as he sent it, deciding to type out another text.

i'm sorry

With a sigh he rubbed his chin and grabbed the glass of water, chugging it to try and get the gross taste of alcohol out of his mouth before deciding it would be best to just brush his teeth.

You didn't reply right away, which he had expected. He knew you were a quick replier but that was different now - he had left you on read for months, he would've been stupid to expect you to reply right away, or even at all.

To his surprise his phone dinged and he scrambled to finishing brushing his teeth and grabbed it, sighing in disappointment when he realized it was just a text from MJ. 

His annoyed expression turned confused when he saw what she sent, though. 

don't be stupid then, loser, just be honest with her. also i'm not your therapist why don't you text ned about this. and drink some water you sound fucked