Taxi Tab | fluff

Synopsis; It's your birthday and your boyfriend isn't anywhere to be found

The sound of soft chimes and warm sunlight bleeding into your room from the window woke you. The way you woke was fine but it wasn't the same. It didn't feel the same, it wasn't nice as Yoongi's cool hands and soft lips pecking against your sensitive skin. Yoongi always woke you with subtle displays of affection. Yet, today of all days your ebony haired boyfriend wasn't on his side of the bed. His pillow flattened, strands of his hair weighing down the cotton square but Yoongi nowhere to seen.

To say you weren't bothered was a lie. It was your birthday, a day you wanted to be kissed awake by Yoongi the most. You wanted his pink cherry flavored lips and ivory hands to cool the heat from your flushed body. You wanted his rustic voice and nonchalant words to flow ring in your shared bedroom. Yet, he was gone.

Your drowsy hands fumbling on your nightstand as they searched for your phone. Grabbing it your thumbs rivaled the flash as they searched for Yoongi's contact. You dialed. The sound of an automated woman answered you. Yoongi's phone was off. Your brows furrowed through the sleep that weighed them down as your thumbs pounded your phone screen. An angry tapping echoed in the room as you sent him a few texts.

"Hey babe where are you?"

"Do you know what today is?"

"Let me know where you are at..."

Your messages were delivered but not seen. You gave a heavy sigh and decided to enjoy your birthday on your own. "Whatever he can ignore me but I'm going to shop, eat and enjoy, myself without him.." You huffed and lifted yourself from your bed. QUickly hopping into the shower you slipped on your best casual dress and shoes to match, calling a cab as you finished the final touches of your makeup.

Right on time, you got a notification that your ride was here, grabbing your bag and wallet you exited your shared apartment and made your way down to the cab. You were going to enjoy yourself. It was your birthday so you had a free ticket to do whatever the fuck you wanted right? You were going to shopping outlets. Trying your absolute best to mask the bitterness in your voice your mouth shot out what seemed like a blur of shopping outlets.

The taxi driver tipping his hat to you as he began his drive. The whole time you continued to spam Yoongi whether he had been abducted by aliens or held up by the mafia or maybe a really slow old lady in traffic. Your cheeks puffed and stomach dropping as you got no reply. Not a single one. The taxi came to a halt. You've arrived and a bit selfishly you gave a huff, "Do you have any more rides to give today?"

His hat covering his face, as deep voice grumbling to you. "I'm free the whole day. Would you like me to wait for you?"

"If you don't mind? I'm a little down today." You defeatedly spoke.

He simply gave a nod. You felt a little pathetic having to confess how bad you felt to the stoic taxi driver of all people but with Yoongi MIA you hadn't a choice. Your feeling investing in your money, the smell of new clothes and distractions made the time pass a little faster. The way fabrics felt in your hands. The way clothes looked on your body, and the price tag were all things you didn't think about. Today. Now was just a way to pass the time.

However, even with your halfhearted passing of time, there was still a gnawing in your gut. When the material items weren't enough the small diner across the lot became your new source of passing time. The simple meal and shake did little to cool your thoughts, but at least you weren't hungry anymore. Once again your thumbs found their way across your phone's screen. In vain you tried to contact Yoongi. Yoongi didn't answer.

Your gaze flicking to the taxi parked in the lot. The driver's hat tipped down just as it was earlier. "It's worth a try." Pulling the door to the cab open your thighs sticking to its hot seats. "c-can we go to the factory plant outside of town?"

"You're going there alone?" The cab driver asks as he turns the ignition.

"To get away. Relax for a bit." You sent him a sad excuse for a smile.

He only gave a nod and took off towards the factory plant. The one you've visited with Yoongi so many times before. It's bright lights, it's view over the city and it's isolated made it the perfect place to be your hideout. Yoongi and you would visit to watch the lights and nap in the trunk of the car with the top open. The taxi parked, the soles of your shoes smushing the gravel under them as you stood gazing out towards the city.

Heavy droplets racing down your cheeks. You missed him. The taxi's door opening. Your hands haven't wiped your tears as fast as they did in that short moment. "A-About the cab fare... How much is it? I'll give you a tip for having to haul me around all day."

"1,000 won"

"1,000?!" You gasped and looked at him. Not believing that he was charging you no more than a pack of gum.

His hat still tilted, he lifted his head. Your eyes starting to narrow slightly. Hid gloved hand tipping his hat. There stood Yoongi.

"Y-Yoongi!" Your voice cracked, legs lightly buckling.

"Happy Birthday." He smiled.

"I-I.." You couldn't speak. Heart in your throat.

"I know. I know." He smiles as he walks over landing a peck on your cheek. "You thought I'd forget?" His hands cupping your cheeks as his nose boops your in an Eskimo kiss. "I got you a gift."

"You d-didn't have to." Your cheeks puffed. You wanted to punch him. Yell at him. However, you so much more watched to crawl into his lap and kisses him. You were Yoongi deprived. His gloved hand holding yours he led you to the trunk of the taxi, cocking it open there blending into the black abyss of the trunk was a flat suede back.

Cotton clothed hands lifting the box, he opened the lid. Shining back at you the most beautiful necklace. A small diamond encrusted crown. "Happy Birthday Princess." He hummed, "It's yours for 1,000 won."

'You're so cheap." Your giggles, eyes glossy as you held the bill up to him. Arms around his neck your lips molded into his.