15; The Murder

2016 Germany
"I lost everyone, and so will you."

When Steve, Katherine and Bucky approached the entrance of the underground bunker where the other Winter Soldiers were kept, the door was already cracked open. Indicating that the fake doctor was already there. Three against one, should be easy? Katherine was thinking, but they don't know much about this guy, and they don't know what he's capable of.

"He can't have been here more than a few hours." Steve said.

"Long enough to wake them up." Bucky said as the trio made their way inside. Weapons ready. When they got off the elevator, Bucky led with his gun pointed, while Katherine also decided she was going to use her guns in this situation.

The three cautiously made their way through the hall, weapons drawn and ready to use. Bucky leading, Katherine in the middle, Steve behind her. They all heard a loud thud when they were climbing up a short set of stairs and they all turned around, Steve holding his shield up to protect himself and his wife just in case, and Bucky up top, ready to shoot whoever came out.

"You ready?" Steve asked Bucky.

"Yeah." He said, as they heard the door creak. The door opened and Katherine immediately saw Tony's Iron Man suit.

"Wait, don't shoot." She said, peeking her head out from behind Steve. Tony let his mask fall so he could show his face, and Steve stood upright.

"You two seem a little defensive." Tony said, as he was approaching them. Katherine and Steve were also approaching him.

"It's been a long day. . where are our kids, T?" Katherine asked. Tony looked at her, but didn't answer. He didn't know how to tell them that Ross had put Clint, Sam, Scott, Wanda, and their kids in what looked like jail cells for supermax criminals. "Where are our kids, Anthony?" She repeated.

"They're fine. They're with Clint, Sam, and Wanda." He said.

"You're not telling me the whole truth. Where are they?" She asked.

"Ross locked them up." He said, and then he looked back at Bucky. "At ease, soldier. I'm not currently after you." Tony said.

"Then why are you here? And did Ross hurt our kids?" Steve asked.

"No, no one hurt them. . I would never let that happen, you both know that. As for why I'm here, it could be because your story's not so crazy. Maybe. Ross has no idea I'm here. I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself." Tony said.

"Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork." Steve said, which made Tony laugh a little. "It's good to see you, Tony." He said, and Tony nodded his head.

"You too, Cap." He said, and then he looked at Katherine. "You knew it wasn't personal, right?" He asked, and Katherine walked over to him, and kissed him on the cheek.

"You got me for life, Tony. Nothing you could do would ever change that." She said, before walking back over to her husband, and then Tony looked back up at Bucky who still had the gun pointed to him.

"Hey, Manchurian Candidate, you're killing me. There's a truce here. You can drop. .-" Katherine cut Tony off and looked back at Bucky.

". .-It's okay, Buck." She said, gesturing for him to lower his gun, which he nodded his head and did so. Now the four of them carefully and quietly made their way through the facility, trying to find the fake doctor and what they might be doing, but they also had no idea.

T'Challa had followed them there.

"We got heat signatures." Tony said.

"How many?" Katherine asked.