ii. hailee scott

word count: 475

Hailee sat there on her couch in silence, her mind a jumbled mess. Tony Stark's voice muffled, his televised face blurred. All of her surroundings seemed to blur, lose color all together.

Tony must have been wrong. He was talking about a different Peter. There's no way he meant HER Peter.

The same Peter who would lose a pencil he had just placed behind his ear. The same Peter who didn't want to go to Germany because he had homework to do. The same Peter who would risk everything just to save someone else. The same Peter who would get so flustered just by holding her hand. No, it couldn't have been her Peter.

But she knew. She knew it WAS her Peter.

Slowly, mechanically, she reached over to the remote and turned off the TV. Hailee drew her knees up to her face and layed her forehead on top of them.

She wasn't entirely sure when she started crying let alone when the screams tore her throat apart, or when everything finally stopped, leaving her with only the sounds of her panting left.

-

When Hailee heard her window slide open, she knew who it was. There wasn't anyone else who checked up on her. Everyone else was gone already.

She stopped bouncing the ball against her wall and looked over from where she sat. Joy climbed through her window as she had done countless times before, but she seemed more careful this time.

There was silence, Hailee on the floor, just staring at the wall, Joy with her arms crossed.

"Where's your suit?"

"Trashed it." There was no hesitance in Hailee's answer. She sounded cold. Almost numb.

At that, Joy walked further into her room, closer to Hailee.

"What-but you worked so hard on it! What do you mean you trashed it? " Joy waved her arms around as she spoke. She sounded shocked, which Hailee guess made sense. But a large part of her couldn't care as much for that stupid suit as Joy did in that moment.

"What's the point? I couldn't save Peter. It's just like..." she cut herself off, not wanting to apply salt to her own wound.

"Like?" Hailee had told Joy about her, but only in passing. It had been far too early, far to close to her death, that she waved it away during their conversation.

Now though? Now it didn't matter.

"Jaidyn."

Author's Note

my friend and i created spider-sonas and ended up doing an rp with them. obviously, this is an infinity war scenario.

i've grown to love hails' character so much over the past couple of months she's existed. kept me happy with the lack of peter parker after i.w.

there'll probably be a lot of hailee in here, not gonna lie. so expect to see her again very soon.