iv. orion valik-wells & raylene samilia

word count: 558

"Can you just listen to me?!" Raylene chased after Orion "I never once said to give up on the order!"

Orion scoffed "Yeah, you just told me that if I don't choose your side, you'll kill me."

"My side?! I have no choice but to be on this side! I AM a princess, in case you forgot that! " At that, Orion stopped and spun around, Raylene almost slamming into her.

"Don't have a choice my ass. I'm well aware of the fact that you're a princess, no one ever shuts up about the great and legendary Samilia twins!" she shoved her finger into Ray's chest, moving her back a fraction of an inch. The look of hurt that passed over Raylene's face didn't even phase her, she was too blinded by her own rage. "And it seems as though you're the one who forgets I'm also a princess."

Just referring to herself as such made her feel all types of uncomfortable. Just a year ago, she'd been a junior who just happened to be skilled in pure black magic. Then a few months ago, the order of the black sun had picked her up. She advanced so much with the witches that they'd given her the honorable code name of Andromeda. But the next thing she knew, she'd been kidnapped and told she was the vessel of the royal Valik family. One of the royal families she'd been fighting so hard to destroy. It was as if her world has been flipped upside down and it was hurting more than she thought it would have.

"You always have a choice Raylene," she looked up into her eyes and paused "you've just gotten used to choices being made for you." A look of shock passed across her face, almost as if she had slapped her (which she kind of did she guessed, at least with the truth). Orion turned on her heel and walked out to the hallway. She couldn't leave, she knew that. Even though she was technically one of the royals, she was still a prisoner of war.

And they definitely weren't going to forget the fact that she'd been the one to make Raylene an only child.

She made her way down the hall as quick as she could go. Sure, she wasn't as fast as an entity or supernatural being or whatever they called themselves, but Orion was definitely quicker than most. Being slow in the black sun would get you killed. Being faster than those around you meant survival.

Besides Raylene and herself, everyone else was still in the meeting on what to do with the order. Orion guessed that storming out probably hadn't been her best idea.

Author's Note

these? are my babies. they're technically part of the story i've been writing for eight years? they're actually the third generation, so once i finally have the time to write this series, they won't exist for a very, very long time. i still adore them though. love my lesbians.

i honestly can't wait to finally get this story out though. it's a tale i've held close to my heart for so much of my life. focusing on this series in particular got me through a lot of rough patches.
maybe someday the world can feel what i feel about these characters.