just like a tattoo

notes to remember: they're all aged up in this fic, u can only find your soulmate once you turn 18. sungwon and taek are 17.

if you don't like the ship, please feel free to leave aha

just another self indulgent fic for my 2002 liners + a dash of seunghwan/yechan on the side

--

jinsung wasn't bitter.

okay, maybe he was, just a little bit.

seeing all the couples holding hands and acting all cuddly during his trip to the amusement park, it was irking jinsung's last nerve. they had their soulmate tattoos inked on their arms on display for the whole world to see and it's just not right.

jinsung didn't ask for this.

it's not his fault he was born without a soulmate tattoo.

sighing for the nth time that day, jinsung takes another longing look at all the couples walking in front of him before he brings his cap down over his head. jinsung frowns and the joyful laughter and screams of the people enjoying their time in the park falls on his seemingly deaf ears.

"hey jinsung, don't look so glum, man! you should cheer up! it's your birthday after all!" an arm slung over his shoulder. jinsung looks to the side and he's greeted by his friend's face.

kim taewoo.

oh right, jinsung almost forgot the reason why they were here in the first place. he came here with a couple of friends to celebrate his 18thbirthday.

oh the joy.

"taewoo-hyung! jinsung-hyung! come on, let's line up for the rollercoaster!!!" sungwon shouts over the crowd. he was waving his arms like a madman to get their attention and behind him yechan and taekhyeon were speed walking to the entrance of the roller coaster, smiles so wide and obvious glee on their faces.

"hurry up hyungs!" sungwon shouts again before he hightails and runs after the two as well.

taewoo squeezes jinsung's shoulder lightly and jinsung looks over to meets taewoo's eyes.

"hey, are you okay? you know you don't have to force yourself to act happy." he asks. taewoo's eyes were worried and jinsung gives him a small smile.

"who said I was forcing myself?" jinsung lets out a small laugh before he squeezes taewoo's arm. "i'm okay hyung. thanks for worrying about me. now come on, let's go ride that rollercoaster."

--

"no caps allowed sir, please leave all loose belongings on the shelf to your left."

as the current train leaves the circuit, jinsung removes his cap and places it on the top most shelf. he grabs his bag too and puts it beside his cap before joining the others in waiting for the next one.

"5 people? go to gate 1, 2 and 3. two people per gate."

"hyung, this is so exciting!!!" taekhyeon giddily exclaims as he and yechan jump up and down, obviously thrilled.

"i want to sit at the front!" sungwon shouts.

"okay woah there tough guy. remember, the last time you sat at the front?" taewoo asks as he lets out a laugh.

hearing this, taekhyeon and yechan laughs loudly too and sungwon flushes a deep shade of red.

"that only happened cause it was my first time!!! hyung, don't be mean!"

jinsung lets out a small chuckle before he lightly smacks sungwon's head. "hey it's my birthday, shouldn't I sit in front?"

"hyung, that isn't fair!! using the birthday card on us!" taekhyeon says this time.