I

Chapter Text

Taehyung POV

Kim seokjin, my older brother, said it began deep inside my mama’s womb when she was pregnant with me. My mother used to go out every morning, collect flowers from our garden, put them tenderly in a vase and love them endlessly. she used to talk to them, tell them how lonely she feels without my dad, how she want nothing but to raise her child and the coming baby, aka me, with all the love she has to make us grow up as real men, men who never give up on those who love them, men who are responsible, loving and respectful.

No more than a seed myself deep inside her stomach, I had to smell the fresh scent of her flowers every single day, not like I was complaining. It’s the reason my love story begins after all. In the darkness of my mother’s belly I wasn’t totally aware how much she suffered but Seokjin did.

He was a 6 years old child , a very intelligent one , he was aware of everything happening around him , so when I was in my mother’s belly I felt his hand caressing her stomach and his voice that sounded like honey saying lovingly “ don’t worry Eomma I’ll be the man of the house “ .

My mum didn’t live longer to witness me being the man of the house. My mother died while giving me birth. She left us as she hopefully went to heaven where she can finally be in peace. Even though she wasn’t here to raise me the way she wanted, she wasn’t here to teach me how to be responsible, loving and respectful... seokjin did.

We were raised by our aunt until Seokjin became 18 years old and he decided to leave

“You can’t take him with you Jin!!” my aunt shouted “he is only 11!! You won’t be able to take care of him “ 
But my brother was a very stubborn young man, and now here we are living in the house where we were supposed to live all our life with a loving mother and a responsible father, only if my father wasn’t an alcoholic who prefers having nights stands then be with his family...

I grew up smelling those flowers that my mom used to collect every morning, I grew up loving them and taking care of them and I even studied hard to become a florist. my brother always says that I do pay a lot of attention to details and that I have a good sense of color , texture and design , even though our neighbor the butcher , Min Yoongi , always says that I dress odd for someone who has a sense of design .

All in all, I’m happy.

I can tell because I do what I love the most, and being a florist is what I love the most. 
I’m happy because I have the best brother in the world who despite losing his job and being on a wheelchair for a month now , he is still the one who makes me smile and I may be the one taking care of us financially but he is the one who is taking care of us mentally .

I have always thought that this is my story, a sad beginning but hopefully a calm and happy ending.

Until one day.

On December 30th, I turned 22. Seokjin insisted that I don’t go to work so we can celebrate together, but I refused. I had an important command to deliver for someone, but not any person though, this was for Park Jimin, the youngest CEO in Busan, he called me two weeks ago saying that his brother is getting married and he want my best flowers to decorate their hotel suite, I was surprised really to have someone as park Jimin calling me personally yet I was honored when he said it was because of my good reputation.

the morning breeze made me feel so energetic which is kind of weird because it is December , the time of the year when everyone want to just stay in their comfy warm beds but here I am almost running out of bed , threw on my baggy black pants , white cropped shirt and brown coat . I walked all the way to my shop, it was 10 minutes away from our house, and I was humming a song that has been in my head for so long “For Him” by Troye Sivan