II

Looking around him , Jungkook could tell this is going to take a while in order to clean it all . He didn't know why he was  bothered with the fact that taehyung has to stay there alone , it was his shop after all. He could do whatever he wants yet there was this nagging voice inside his head that kept telling him how awful it must be for the poor boy to spend his birthday cleaning the slovenly shop .

"  You really don't have to do this I can do it on my own " Taehyung let out , staring at Jungkook as he awkwardly looks around him.

" it's okay it's not like I have anything else to do "

He was lying ,obviously ,  he's been too busy since he stepped foot in this town .. He thought he is going to relax , that a town like  Damyang will  have a poor rate of crimes but here he is working his butt off like always .
He knew he should be back in the office by now , just in case his commander called wanting some updates but  still he can't help the words coming out of his mouth , he had other cases to investigate as well and he had to boss around the office so those lazy police men will work or else they'll sit down eating and watching dramas yet here he is standing in front of a smiling Taehyung . 

Maybe it's worth it .

"  Isn't it weird for a police officer to have nothing to do ?" Taehyung said which made Jungkook's cheeks turn pink for a second

" Ah ! It's .. Uh .. " he mumbled , he felt kinda frustrated which never ever happened to him before , not even when he used to get scolded by his commander years ago .

" Hey chill !"  Taehyung laughed , a boxy smile appeared on his face "  I was joking but seriously , no offense,  I've always imagined police officers as the fat men who do nothing but eat all day , it's probably from how cartoons made them look so funny when we were kids "

" How so ?" Jungkook asked amused rather than offended

"  I couldn't trust them " Taehyung continued "  when I was younger , I always thought some kind of a superhero was the one who saves everyone .. You know ? Spiderman and all that shit "

Jungkook snickered  as he started helping Taehyung moving away all the broken pots .

" is that so ? well you're not wrong some of them are not different from the ones we used to see in cartoons " he said thinking about the men back in his office

" Well you seem different to me  " Taehyung said but then his eyes widened once he realized what he said , He tried to change the subject but was interrupted by the black haired man

" How am I different ?" He asked

Taehyung couldn't help himself but look at how the corner of Jungkook's lips turned up in a slight smirk and he felt frustrated .

" Umm ,, it's .. you look I mean ,, you're obviously really fit " Taehyung blushed as he collects the glass and threw it in the bin trying his hardest not to look in the other's eyes

" Oh thank you "  Jungkook laughed " is that all ? "

" Well you're kinda intimidating too " Taehyung wanted to curse himself for saying things like this .

" why ? Do I intimidate you Taehyung ?"

This is it . Taehyung felt his cheeks getting even warmer