Chapter 43- Steven Floats

Black's Pov 

I opened my eyes looking outside. It's dark, I need to get back to the temple. I closed my eyes imagining my sapphire form. When I opened my eyes I was back to what now a days was considered my usual self. 

I stood up making my way to the warp-pad. Approaching the warp-pad I stopped remembering my break down from earlier. I can't believe I did that. I am a Diamond. I shouldn't be pushing my problems onto other gems. I should have dealt with these feelings on my own. It's not like that anymore. I'm not on Homeworld. I don't need to suffer in silence. 

I looked down at the warp-pad, getting nervous. I closed my eyes taking a deep breath and letting it go. "Remember...tell them when you feel it's right." I reminded myself stepping on the warp-pad and warping home. 

______________________

I stepped off the warp-pad. The temple was peaceful. It's nice to comeback to something that's not as chaotic as your own personal issues. "WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING?! Steven is falling! He needs our help! I'll catch you Steven!" I heard Pearl scream from outside. 

I frowned. "I guess I spoke to soon." I mumbled walking outside. When I made it down to the other gems Garnet took off towards town. "What's going on?" I asked. Pearl looked like she was going to faint from sheer panic so I turned to Amethyst. She just pointed at the sky. Following her hand I saw Steven slowly falling from the sky!

"Oh my stars." I whispered in shock at the sight before me. When I finally tore my eyes away from Steven's slowly falling form. I was able to hear the blaring car horn. "I found a phone." Garnet said opening it and dialing Steven's number. "Who's is it?" Amethyst asked. "That's not important." Garnet stated

Pearl and I made eye contact for a second. Both of us concerned about the origins of that phone. I looked behind Garnet to see which car horn was going of, and to my surprise and immense pleasure. The phone belonged to Kofi, owner of Fish Stew pizza. 
I smirked imagining the man's angry face. 

I hope he has good car insurance. 

"Ground Control to Steven Universe." Garnet said with a smile. Pearl on the other hand instantly lit up. She practically dived for the phone. "Steven! Are you okay?" Pearl asked her eyes wide. There was a pause before he replied, "Oh yeah I'm fine." Amethyst smiled at Pearl. "See he's got this." She attempted to reassure Pearl. 

"Nnnooottt exactly, I think this is some kind of new power." Steven said. "Rose could regulate the speed of her decent." Garnet explained. I frowned remembering all the times Pink would do that. I guess it's fitting that a cut of gem she made could do the same. 

"Yeah and she could control how fast she fell." I raised an eyebrow when Amethyst repeated what Garnet had just said. "Amethyst-" She turned to look at me. I just shook my head as a nevermind gesture. "That's what I said." Garnet told her, but just as I suspected the comment had no impact on Amethyst.

"Steven try falling a little faster." Pearl suggested. I rolled my eyes at her suggestion. "Pearl if it were that simple we wouldn't be standing here." I said. "I can't figure out how, and it's taking forever to reach the ground. Can you guys just keep me company until I land?" Steven asked. We all looked at each other. 

Thus the long night with Steven started. There was no way we could get him a cooked meal, so Pearl and I reluctantly agreed on snacks. Amethyst gave him a soda and sadly hit a bird while trying to give him some chips. I laughed at her expression when she looked around to see if anyone was looking. 

After awhile Steven got bored so I brought out the chess set. I jumped up in the air board and pieces in hand. "This should help pass the time" I said falling back to the ground. I jumped up in the air again, smiling at Steven. I quickly set up the board. "Garnet said she'll play against you." I commented falling back down. 

I smiled enjoying the feeling of the wind. The moment was cut short when I felt someone holding me. I turned to see Garnet holding me with a smile on her face. I blushed but smiled none the less at my loving partner. As we made our way up to Steven Garnet made her move on the checkerboard. 

We had a lot a fun that night, but as time went on Steven was still floating high in the sky. The sun was starting to rise. At this point we were just making up games to pass the time. The one we were playing now was just us drawing images in the sand for Steven to guess what they are. 

"Is it a....broom. No! It's a spear!" Steven answered. "Alright Steven!" I cheered. It was at that moment that an alarm went off. "Hey Steven, why is your alarm going off?" Amethyst asked. Steven gasped but didn't answer. We sat for a minute until Steven started talking again. 

"Oh nuts my donuts! Guys I need to get down right now!" Steven pleaded. "What's the hurry dude you've got nowhere to be." Amethyst reassured him. "He's clearly very tired from being up all night, and he's eager to get some sleep." Pearl said. "I don't think that's it." I commented frowning.  

"There's no time to explain just help me down!" Steven cried. "How are we supposed to do that?" Amethyst asked as we all shared unsure glances. "Maybe we could weigh him down." "Pearl suggested. I shrugged my shoulders, "It's worth a shot." I said before we all left to find stuff to weigh down Steven. 

We all came back with our separate items. Pearl had a jacket. Amethyst had a bowling ball. I brought a arm and ankle weight. While Garnet was caring a sailboat. One by one we placed our items on Steven, but it didn't look like it was helping. "Maybe if we add our combined weight it will help." I suggested. We all nodded in agreement before jumping up onto the ship Steven was holding. 

We all jumped around attempting to make Steven fall faster but nothing was working. "Nothing's working, is there anything else you can put on me?" Steven asked. He looked so helpless I felt bad that he had to go through this right now. "Just this alarm clock." Garnet answered showing him the clock. 

Steven's entire expression fell. "It's past seven. Thanks for trying guys but there's no point anymore." Steven said. "Sorry Steven." Amethyst apologized letting go of the ship. "Sorry Steven." Pearl apologized jumping off the ship. "It wasn't meant to be." Garnet said before jumping down. "Better luck next time Steven." I said before jumping down myself. Everything Steven was holding came down soon after.

Right now Pearl and Amethyst were going back and forth about how we could get Steven down. I stood there listening to the two chastize each other about who's idea was better or more practical. I rolled my eyes tired of listening to them go back and forth. "But if he can't control his power-" "It's alright." Garnet said. I raised an eyebrow at her noticing the reassured tone she had. 

"How is it alright?" Pearl asked still mildly freaking out. I sat there for a second till I realized what Garnet was going to say. "His emotions." I answered. Garnet nodded, "By now Steven has realized his powers are tied to his emotions. Just like I knew it'd happen. He's use the memories of happy and sad things to land safely behind us. Ready to give us a hug." Garnet explained, but her explanation seemed too good to be true. 

Just as that thought went by we heard Steven crash into the ground. "Close enough." Garnet said as we turned to look at Steven's fallen form. "Guys!" Steven cheered getting up and racing o us with open arms. "Wait! You have somewhere else to be." Garnet said holding her hands out in a stop motion. 

Steven just looked at her as confused as we were. "What?" He asked. "There's no time run to the Big Donut. Run!" Garnet yelled pointing in the direction of the building. He took off still unsure. We just watched wondering what was going on. "I would have liked a hug." Pearl said. I placed a hand on her arm, since I'm too short to reach her shoulders. "Maybe next time." I reassured her.