Part 1

In order to retrieve the soul stone, it demands a sacrifice. You must lose that you love. A soul for a soul.

You love nothing.

Really? Tears?

They're not for him.

He watched her use the dagger he had given her as an act of suicide to prevent him from fulfilling his mission. However, he couldn't let her go that easily. It wasn't easy for him, nor it was for her.

She on the other hand, refused to let him take it. She knew his goal and would do anything to make him fail, even killing herself.

All that failed when her dagger changed into bubbles, courtesy of his reality infinity stone. Her eyes widened with shock, not entirely expecting for him to be quicker than she was. She had always been quick, this time, it was different.

Thanos and Gamora locked eyes with each other, seeing their relationship in their own perspective for one last time. Horror was shown in her eyes while sorrow showed in his. She hated him, he loved her. She saw genocide when he committed his acts, he called it sacrifice and mercy. She saw a terrorist, he saw the woman he considered his daughter.

"I'm sorry, little one," said he, softly and sadly.

Before she had any time to react, he grabbed hold of her by the wrist, the crocodile tears falling from his face, showed no signs of stopping any time soon. The tears showed more than enough that he deeply cared for her, and now, he had to sacrifice her for the soul stone.

"No!" cried she, punching his fist with her free hand, but to no avail.

He was too strong.

He continued pulling her to the edge of the cliff, the tears still falling from his face. It hurt him that he had to do this, especially to her. However, had he done it to the other, it would've wasted precious parts.

Gamora still struggled against his grip, silently pleading him to not do this. She didn't want to go out like this. This was not what she wanted nor planned, but there was nothing she could do about it.

Without a word from either one of them, he threw her over the cliff. He watched her fall, his sorrow for her as silent as ever, and she was flailing her arms around.

"No!" cried she, one last time as she reached an arm out, hoping that someone would help her.

Unfortunately, no one would lend a hand to her to help her up. It broke her heart that now, she knew this was it. She would never get to see Quill, Rocket, Drax, Mantis, nor even Nebula again. Thanos chose to sacrifice her, not her sister.

The next thing he saw, she was lying on the ground, her head turned away from the cliff. There were few blotches of blood on the ground from the fall, even some blotches of blood on her face. One leg was out while the other was angled towards her body. He knew why she was in this position.

Gamora was dead.

His continuous tears were for her. His sorrow didn't change as he watched her body lay there on the ground. This was exactly what it cost. It costed her. He just stared down at her body for the last few moments before saying his last words to her before he would retrieve his ultimate prize.

"I'm sorry, I had to."

...

Hey guys! I found the scene of Gamora's death pretty powerful, if not more powerful than the snap and the Decimation (yep, that's what they're calling it, I checked the Wiki). I thought it'd be cool to write and expand on it a bit, such as that last line.

I'm hella excited for Endgame, as I'm seeing it two days after it premieres in the US. The biggest obstacle though is to avoid spoilers, lol!

Anyway, the next chapter for Faith's Nightmare is almost ready, but will need to take some last minute checks before I officially post it.

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed this story!