Chapter thirty three-Emma

The lights were beautiful in so many ways. Emma didn't even want to look up at the sky like she usually does when the world around her seemed to fall apart. All she wanted to do was ride the giant ferris wheel. 

She jumped up and down in line, considering pushing everyone out of her way so she could get to the front. Ava laughed and Tyson smiled, the lights reflecting off his eyes. Emma had figured out that she didn't have feelings for Tyson, she just cared about him and she knew he would be a good friend. Emma clapped her hands and looked behind her, studying the many stands. 

Her eyes caught one. The sign read: Make a Hoop, Get a Fish. Her hand flew up and pointed to it. "I want a fish!" she squealed. Ava followed her gaze and she saw the fish.

"Goldfish from here always die, Emma," Tyson said, laughing. Ava glared at him.

"We can get you one. Just, they don't have that long of a life span," she said, turning back to her. Emma rolled her eyes. Ava just said exactly what Tyson said but she just sugar coated it. 

"I don't care if it dies. I just want a memory," Emma said, sighing. Tyson stepped out and looked up the line. 

"We still got quite a bit of people until we get up there but if we leave, we won't get our spot back so, you're gonna have to choose," he pointed at the fish with one hand and the ferris wheel with the other, "Emma Livingston, door one or door two?" he deepened his voice. 

Ava covered her laugh with a cough and looked at Emma. She smiled and answered, "I pick...door one. We can come back to the ferris wheel later." Emma stepped out of the long line and followed Tyson, through the crowd, to the stand. 

"I remember when I got my first fish from here," Tyson called back and Ava smacked her forehead, obviously not liking where this conversation was going. 

"What happened to it?" Emma asked, smiling slyly. 

"No. How about we talk about cotton candy or how I'm apparently a demon or... anything but that," Ava threw her hands in the air. How she's a demon? Emma would have to revisit that later. 

"No, I am very curious now," Emma said, looking back at Tyson.

"Well, I won it when I was eleven years old and named it Sammy. I brought it straight to Ava's house because I was so excited to have actually won one," he stopped and laughed when Ava plugged her ears and started to whistle. "When I got there, Ava freaked out and threw it outside. I saved it though. But no, Ava wasn't done yet." he laughed again and Ava rolled her eyes. 

They had reached the stand and there were only a few people in line, maybe five minutes and they would be able to get up front. 

"I kept it at her house, since my mom didn't like fish and she refused to buy food for it," Tyson said, his eyes starting to gloss over with tears. He blinked quickly a couple times and then started again, "It was in the living room and she dumped it on the floor, bringing her dog in and saying that he had done it." Tyson said.

"He did do it!" Ava said, listening again, "I swear I saw him try to eat the fish."

"He wouldn't have gotten the fish if you didn't dump the fish tank over in the first place," Tyson argued. 

"Hey, hey. I want to hear the rest of the story," Emma said, gaining both there attention. 

"Anyways, she would try anything to kill the poor thing since her mom would save it almost every time. Except the day that she had to work overtime," Tyson added dramatically, "She took the whole bowl and ran down to the park. There is that small pond there and she dumped it in and when she got home, she trailed water out of the house and told her mom that the fish had 'escaped'," Tyson made quotation marks in the air with his fingers.