Chapter 2

"It's not always about the destination" Alison sits forward in her seat, looking the women in the eye "It's the journey you go through to get there"

Alison's eyes flicker away staring off into the distance "Because without that journey, what's the point in reaching your destination?"

The women looked deeply into the blondes eyes, her lips pursed "The bumps aren't always the easiest though"

Alison nods clearing her throat "That's true" she sighs "But if you can't make it through the rocky parts, then what's the point of holding onto hope that it might work out in the end?"

The interviewer stayed silent

***
"Are you going to sit with us today?" Mona asked as she and Alison walked together to the lunch room.

"I don't know" Alison sighed "I don't want Emily to sit alone"

Mona chocked out a laugh "Since when do you have a heart?"

Alison glared at her, but Mona didn't flinch instead, she just rolled her eyes "I'm just messin Ali, why don't you tell her to sit with us?" She suggested

Alison immediately shakes her head "She won't want to"

"Why?" Mona snickered "We don't bite"

"She's just really shy"

"Oh well" Mona shrugs not really caring "let her know she has a seat at the table once she decides to break out of her shell"

Alison laughs at her friends comment as the break away from each other. Mona walking towards her table and Alison sauntering towards Emily's .

But the brunette wasn't there

Her blue eyes scoured the cafeteria in hopes of finding a certain brunette. She almost jumped as her eyes landed on Emily. But her smile soon fell into a frown as she watched Paige McCullers bothering the girl.

Emily was trying to get away from her, but Paige didn't seem to get the hint. She kept after her filling her like a lost puppy.

Alison marches over towards them, The blonde smiled as she saw Emily visibly sigh in relief at Alison's presence.

"Is there a problem?" She crossed her arms across her chest, mustering up the best bitch stance she could do. Her hip jutted out, her brow furrowed in annoyance, and her back straight as a board to insert her dominance.

"No" Paige spat "I was just talking to Emily"

Alison gently reached out for Emily's arm, grabbed it and softly guided the brunette closer to her.

"Now Em, I was wondering if-"

"She doesn't want to go anywhere with you Paige" Alison spat vehemently. Suddenly feeling very possessive over Emily. She hoped it didn't scare the brunette away.

Little did she know Emily was thinking the exact opposite of running, she actually wanted to get closer.

"Now leave" Alison shooed her away as if she was a fly "I was having a good day, and by seeing your face it's making it slightly worse"

Emily giggled softly at Alison's smartass remark. But she covered it up with a cough, because she could feel Paige shooting daggers at her and Alison.

Paige grunted in defeat then stomped away like a little kid.

After she was gone, Alison turned around and as soon as she saw Emily's amused face she broke into a fit of girly giggles. Hearing the melodious sound of Alison's laugh Emily began laughing to, the blondes adorable laugh was so contagious.