Welcome to Hogwarts

it was the cry of an owl that stood outside your window. It pecked its beak at the breaking point and you opened it instantly. You had been saying up all night just to receive this letter, it was the most important thing to a girl of the age of eleven. Well maybe not all young girls. Dropping the letter into your hand the owl did a small bow before flying off.

"Mum, dad! I did it I'm" -running down stairs you came to a halt, realising the words you had said. Your mother and father had passed before you were born, not knowing who they were and not really wanting ask about it to the loving members who had fostered you, your life before them was a mystery. Amos Diggory was sitting in a brown rusty leather chair a newspaper in his view and his glasses slowly sliding off his face.

"Uh, I got my acceptance letter to Hogwarts." You muttered, coming closer to the older man who had a soft smile, and kind eyes. You turned to Cedrick who had a small pile of books before him, lost in studying as it grew chilly in the house you've only known.

Amos ushered you to come and smiled down at you.

"What a great wizard you'll become! Cedric will help you gather your belongings," he put a hand on your shoulder and pulled you into his loving embrace congratulating you as you smiled to yourself.

"Right Cedric?" his dad sternly voice. Cedric was pulled from his thoughts and looked towards you two as Amos let you go.

"Yes dad," he sighed collecting his books and his studying material before walking away.

The relationship between you and Cedric was confusing. In front of his parents he was kind enough, colder than usual and hated to hear about your excitement and now acceptance into Hogwarts.

Cedric's P.O.V

It was early morning; mum had laid out my Hufflepuff robes as I was showering thinking about all the things I had to do today. I rolled my eyes thinking of y/n. Introducing her to new people, having to go through the same story over and over when they find out she's living with me. My bags already at Hogwarts and my wand in the folds of my robes. I slowly get out, drying my hair, getting dressed and heading for y/n room.

"Hey loser, lets go." I turn into her room leaning on the frame of her white painted door. Her body came into view, I watch as her red checker skirt swished as she wore a black jumper over the top of her white shirt. She turns to the sound of my voice as smiles at me her hair framing her face.

"Is this okay? I don't want to look silly on my first day," that pure innocent smile she gives me I can't help but smile back.

"Come on, you look fine let's go," I take her hand into my 13-year-old one and our fingers lace together as we place ourselves in front of the fire place. "Okay dad, we are leaving," with a throw of green powder and with me saying the apparently too difficult word we find ourselves right were we need to be.

"Well y/n welcome to Diagon Alley." Her face was in utter shock, building so close together yet left enough space for more than 100 people to walk through. The shops filled with interesting objects as she ran to each of them, pointing and laughing. We continue to walk as I introduce her to the shops.

"Here, you get your quills and Ink," still holding her hand she looks everywhere I'm not pointing my arm feeling like its miles away from where I stand. "Over there all your bits and bobs for doing wizardry," we slowly come to a halt not leaving the shop that contained pets.

"Do I get one of those," she pleads pushing her face up against the glass, a black yet spotted white owl, looking at her curiously. I chuckle at her excitement and we walk into the shop. "They say animals sometimes pick you, I wouldn't be surprised if you chose,"

"Midnight!" she smiles going to the cage of the bird. She picks the cage up and hugs it lovingly, midnight bearing it wings happily.

y/n P.O.V

Cedric disappears from my sight as I let midnight down on a table, my eyes glues to his body, falling in love with my special companion. I turn my head and see Cedric talking to the shop keeper, leaning in closer to whisper words into his ears. When he is done, he looks back at me and smiles.

"Okay y/n let's go," I give him a quizzical look. But bring out midnight with me.

"How did we pay for that?" I ask tugging on his Hufflepuff robes. He hesitates for a bit before trying to come up with an answer.

"You still need a wand," he smiled at me as we come to a pause. "we're at olivanders," he rushes into the store and ring the bell on the desk. "Do not touch anything!" his eyes a little dark and his voice stern. A sudden wack an old man graced himself greeting us as he said hello to Cedric.

"Ah Cedric, I see its finally time for y/n to get her wand," already coming towards us there were multiple boxes he brought. "Cedric's wand, I remember it well, it was from a particularly fine male unicorn that helped me create its core. The unicorn was seventeen hands high and nearly gored me with its horn after I plucked the hair from its tail," the old man came closer to me bending a little just so our eyes are levelled. A small smile found its way to my lips and he nodded to me. "come on now give them a try.

My hands clasped onto many wands, swishing and flicking feeling the different types of wands through my fingertips, shelves pulled out, lights flickered and glass shattered.

"l wonder, Cedric's wand as stubborn as it is, is only devoted to Cedric and would lose its power if the owner would change and just like you, I know which wand is calling out for you." He tuned away from us, fluttering his fingers in a manner so crazy that it looked normal when he did it. I watched as he opened a box, engraved with golden birds. He pulled out a long slander black box and presented it to me. With a small nod he offered me to open it.

The box laid in my hand as I felt my heart beat fasten. I placed the box onto the desk and picked up the wand by its base. It slid through my fingers as it perfectly fit my palm. A warm sensation travelled up my spine a fire admitting itself from me as my hair blows in the wind.

"built with a very unusual wand wood, I have found creates tricky wands that often refuse to produce magic for any but their owner, much like Cedric's" I look towards Cedric and he's closely watching me, a look in his eye that I don't know how to describe. "Acacia wood withholds their best efforts from all but those most gifted, you should be careful as the core of that wand is a phoenix feather, the phoenix belonging to someone very close to you." As he continues to talk, I'm marvelled at the 14 1/2-inch wand that chose me.

"Come on now, we have to continue" Cedric's voice was stern his face was stiff, trying not to be impolite he smiled at the wand maker and dragged me out.

"What's your problem Cedric?" I pull my hand away not realising we have stopped right outside platform 9 ¾. His hands grip mine one more time pulling me close, his lips near my ear as he darkly whispers "be good."