Friday 11:02 pm

...

"That was unexpected," Noah says quietly whilst still holding her face in his hands. A slight smirk grew on his face. Both of them still with eyes closed.

She was beginning to feel cold and shivering. The wind was playing with her hair, but the cold air was quite unusual for April. Wishing to warm up, Liv reaches underneath Noah's coat and hugs him tightly. Noah softly places his lips on hers. Instead of pursuing a kiss, he then places his lips on her cheek. A soft smile appears on her face. 

The noise from the party was rather loud, but neither of them seemed to notice. 

"You know... I am leaving tomorrow" Liv breaks the silence. 

"Where are you going?"

"Spain. With my parents - the usual, mandatory family time over the holidays. I wish I didn't have to leave." she says softly. 

"Let me walk you home."

...

They walk side by side, leaving the noise behind them. The streets weren't busy. Every once in a while they passed a person jogging or walking their dog which was rather unusual to the party scene they were just at. Their hands slightly brush against one another as they are walking. Both with uncontrollable grins on their face.

 After some time, Noah takes Liv's hand and their fingers are now intertwined. 

"Your hands are cold," Liv says sarcastically, trying to pervade utter displeasure. 

"I'm sure you don't mind," says Noah staring down at her with his piercing blue eyes. 

Liv smiled. She did not smile because she felt she had to. This wasn't one of her usual sarcastic grins. This wasn't to make the other person feel better. She smiled because she was happy and she hadn't felt happy in a long time.  

...

"Thank you. You really did not need to walk me home, you know? I would have managed by myself." says Liv, now standing outside of her apartment complex. 

"I'm sure you would have," says Noah. 

He places his hand on her neck and traces her jaw with his fingers. Liv reaches out her hand and places it on his neck. She begins playing with his hair and this sends shivers down Noah's back. 

He kisses her, this time more passionately than before. By now, they have gotten the hang of what the other likes. This - now, makes up for all the waiting, for all the effort and not giving up. It makes up for all the times he thought she didn't like him. It makes up for the times she tried to push him away by hurting him.

Liv was starting to let her guard down. Not the guard she put up for Noah, but the one she put on for the world. She was a strong woman, but even strong women don't need to be alone. Of all the people, she certainly did not expect Noah to be the person for her. 

"I hope you have a good time," he says softly.

She looks up at him and says: "You know... You don't have to leave now. It is getting pretty late. You can stay here... If you want." 

"OK," he replies with a smile.

"OK, but be quiet. I don't want to deal with Ralph right now."

They try their best to be quiet and not make any sounds.

"So... This is your room, huh," he says while trying not to burst into laughter.

"You know... On second thought maybe you should leave. After all, you are a strong man and I am sure that you will find your way back to your house without any issues along the way." Liv's sarcasm pierces through the room.  

"So... You really think I'm strong?" Noah jokingly replies. 

"Weirdo. Fucking weirdo is what I think you are," she replies and gives him a kiss. 

...

Liv has now changed into her monochrome grey pyjamas. Noah was in his underwear and the t-shirt he had underneath his shirt. She offered to find him a pair of pyjamas or something he could change into, but he didn't mind. 

Underneath her sheets, they were now lying facing each other. 

"I wish you didn't have to leave in the morning."

"Me too." 

Noah brushes away a lock of hair from her face and softly touches her cheek. Liv closes her eyes. 

"So... when did you start to not hate me?" Noah asks. 

"I don't think we really need to talk about it. Besides, I still hate you," she replies with a smile. 

Noah smiles: "Oh really?" He kisses her. 

"Yes."

"Still?" he kisses her again.

"Absolutely," she replies very quietly.

He kisses her neck: "Now?"

"Mhmm." 

"Oh, then I should really leave. I mean, what's the point of me staying here if you are so disinterested."

He starts leaving the bed but she pushes him back.

"Don't be an idiot," Liv says. 

She turns her back to him and puts his hand on her waist. The rain had begun drizzling outside, but the two of them were warm and inside - in the embrace of one another.

"You know, I am really glad you like me," Noah says quietly.

"I am glad too" she replies quietly. Her smile grows, but she is happy he can't see it. "Good night Noah." 

"Good night Liv."