4

Shawn

There was a knock at the door and I rolled my eyes, sighing.

"What?" I snapped. The door opened and Sienna came in, sitting at the end of the bed.

"What's the matter with you?" She asked softly.

"It's stupid." I shrugged.

"So?" I sighed and gave in to her.

"When I'm with you and jack, or any of our friends for that matter, I just feel so...left out." I admitted.

"Why?" She asked.

"You all have these crazy jobs and are making way more than I could ever imagine. And here I am, working behind a counter at a corner cafe," I sighed.

"So? What does that have to do with anything?" I groaned and rolled my eyes at how she wasn't getting it.

"You and jack both have great jobs that all kids dream of having. You're a lawyer and he's an architect. I'm stuck working at that shitty cafe, earning just enough to survive." I explained further.

"But you know id help you with any financial problems," she said.

"You're not getting it," I snapped.

"You're not explaining it," she shot back.

"Take your bosses, for example. Yours called you the star lawyer, and Jacks said he was the best at what he does. Do you want to know what my boss tells me?" She looked at me with curiosity. "Shane, go clear table 3 will you." I told her.

"You're not called Shane." She said with confusion.

"Exactly."

"It doesn't matter about your job, Shawn. We both know you're going to leave eventually and move onto bigger things." She explained.

"How do you know that? How do you know that in 10 years, I won't still be walking up to people asking if they want one or two sugars with their coffee?" I scoffed.

"I don't," she muttered. We both remained silent until she stood up and made her way to the door.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"Out, I'll be back later." Before I could ask any more questions, she closed the door. I ran my hands through my hair and groaned to myself.

"I'm so stupid."

=

I checked the time; 12:03am. The door opened quietly and I instantly knew it was Sienna by her soft humming. She sat down on the bed next to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

"Can we talk?" She whispered. I turned to her as she lay down and faced me. "You know I love you, right?" She asked me. I nodded and she smiled weakly.

"I'm so tired of arguing," I told her. She closed her eyes briefly and placed her hands in mine.

"Me too," she nodded in agreement. I smiled and pulled her close to me, sighing with relief.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to her.

"So am I," she replied while getting comfortable in my arms.

"Where did you go?" I asked her. She didn't respond, she just laid there. Silently. "Sienna?" I assumed she fell asleep. I kissed the top of her forehead and closed my eyes, eventually falling asleep too.