Chapter One

(Y/n)'s Pov

'I told you bitch to clean this place up before I get back!!!' those were the last words I heard from Isaac, my adoptive father. That night the neighbors heard Isaac screaming and called the police. He was sent to jail for further investigation and I came back to the orphanage... Don't get me wrong, I liked the employees of it, but the other children were terrible. The older ones bullied me and the younger ones just straight up ignored me. I was alone there. Of course they let us go outside, but I didn't have any friends...

Until the summer when I was nine years old. I was just sent back to the orphanage from another broken household. More abuse, yay. Hint the sarcasm. One day I decided to head outside, there was a river near by and I thought I could read my book there.

I walked down a hill. When I reached the river, I settled down and enjoyed the peace and quiet. I looked around, there were blooming flowers everywhere. But then I looked closer, I saw one flower, it was different, it wasn't blooming instead it was wilting.

I came closer to the wonder of nature canceling out all the outside noises. I placed both of my hands around it, concentrating. I forgot to tell you that I can do magic, no not the magic tricks you see on talent shows it was actual magic. That's why I was different. I took my hands away from the flower reveling a fully bloomed flower. "You can do magic?" someone from behind me asked rather excitedly. I turned around a bit shocked. There stood a girl with red hair and beautiful green eyes. Next to her was a boy with black hair and black eyes. "Don't worry, we also have magical abilities. I'm Lily Evans and this is Severus Snape. What's your name?" the girl whose name is Lily asked. "I'm (Y/n) (L/n). Nice to meet you." I said a bit quietly.

Since that day the three of us became great friends, but that was two years ago. It's my birthday today and I turned eleven, you know what that means. I'll ge-

My thoughts were cut off by a knock "Come in." just as I said that Elizabeth the owner of the orphanage came in with a man behind her. The man had a long silver beard, bright blue eyes, a nose that looked like it was broken in two places. He was wearing robes and had half moon glasses on. "Hello..." I greeted them both trying not to show too much excitement. "(Y/n), this is professor Dumbledore. He would like to talk with you in private." she said grinning from ear to ear, also trying not to show excitement. You see she is also a witch, I saw her doing magic as well, we bonded because of it. While I was thinking she left the room (where it happens).

"(Y/n), it's good to see you again. As you may know, you're different. You possess a great gift and you need to master that gift. You probably heard about a school for people like you. That's why I'm here, to give you your acceptens letter to Hogwarts." he finished saying. I couldn't keep in the excitement anymore. I smiled sincerely, which I don't do ofen "Thank you so much, professor." I said as he gave me the Hogwarts letter. I took it gladly and read through it.

Dear (Y/n) (L/n),

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy headmistress

As I finished reading it, I looked up at the headmaster "But sir where in London can I get a cauldron or any of these books?" I asked quite confused "Don't worry about it. I'll come here next week and we'll get your supplies." he said getting ready to leave "Oh and Happy Birthday, (Y/n)" he said before leaving.

Just as the old professor promised he came back the next week.

"Are you ready, (Y/n)?" he asked "I am not throwing away my shot." I responded "Let's go then." he said and we apparated to a street filled with wizards and witches. "Where are we?" I asked astonished by the wiew "(Y/n), welcome to Diagon Alley. We'll get your supplies here. Oh and here is your ticket don't loose it." he said giving me the Hogwarts express ticket. I looked at it "But sir it says that to get on the train I have to be on platform 9 3/4. I don't think I've ever seen it." I said thinking it over. "You'll have to run straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10" he answered calmly.

It's been about 3 or 4 months since that small trip to Diagon alley. I packed all of my things, school supplies and essentials. Elizabeth drove me to the King's Kross station "You existed, kiddo?" she asked me on the way there. "Yeah, I'm excited, but nervous too." I answered back. "I was too, when I was a little girl. Oh, look we're here all ready. Good luck, (Y/n). And write to me if you'll need anything." she said smiling sincerely "Okay I will. Thank you, Elizabeth, so much for everything." I said getting out of the car.

10:45 A.M. I still have 15 minutes, great. Now just to find platforms 9 and 10 "Excuse me, sir. Where can I find platform 9?" I asked a security guard "Go straight then take a turn on the left." he answered "Thank you, sir." I said before running off.

I made it to the platform on time. Luckily I found an empty compartment. I sat down and started to read my book. A few minutes later there was a knock "Hey, (Y/n). Can we sit here everywhere else was full." it was Lily. "Oh, hey. Sure you can." I responded.

The three of us - me, Lily and Sev were chatting for about half an hour. Then there was another knock and in came four boys. "Hey, can we sit here?" a boy with brown hair and round glasses asked. We all nodded. They all came in and sat down on the opposite side of the compartment. They all started chatting, but I wasn't interested so I kept on reading my book.

"I KNOW I'm going to be a Gryffindor. Everyone in my family was. Besides it's the BEST house." god... This kid is annoying, I can't concentrate. I decided to just cancel out the noises.
"Oi, what about you?" the same boy directed his voice towards me. I looked up from my book "I don't care what house I'll be sorted into. It's your personality that matters not your house. Most people say that Slytherins are all evil, but Merlin was a Slytherin and he was a great man. You shouldn't judge a person by their house." I answered "freak... You're a FREAK! WHAT do you mean the house does not matter!!!" he shouted at me.

I just got up, grabbed my things and left, looking for a new compartment. At the very back of the train was an empty compartment. It was small, but cozy. "Anything from the trolley, dear?" an old witch asked me "Three chocolate frogs and three liquorice wands, please." I said politely, giving her the money. "Thank you." I thanked her "Oh no problem, miss. Here's some Birty Botts." she said giving me a box of Birty Bott's every flavor beans. "How much do I owe you?" I asked "Nothing, they're on me." she said smiling "Thank you." I said before she left.

A few hours later it was getting dark outside. The train stopped signaling that we arrived.

It's time for my new journey to begin

I hope the first chapter wasn't too cringy. I'm working on a new one. I hope you liked it. And sorry if some parts were incorrect or didn't make any sense. Love y'all.
~Beatrice~