Chapter 1

.

I was five that night. 

The first time my father, the only man I ever looked up to in my entire life...My so-called hero, hit me. 

He came home drunk, couldn't even stand straight. Mom told him to go to bed, that he be better in the morning. That only made him more mad, I saw that fire in his eyes and the way he moved all the signs right there lined up for me to see and I should've known what would happen. But against all the evidence, I told myself it was alright, that my father would never do anything to hurt his family. Daddy's don't hit their kids. Right? 

So I pushed, I asked him why he was so mad. I was just a kid, I didn't know any better. And the fire grew. Until it was too much. Mother ran to my side, I'll never forget the look on her face. The horror of what had just happened sent her reeling. After that night we had both thought that it was just a one night thing, that it was a mistake that wouldn't ever happen again. Oh, how wrong we were. 

Almost every night after that it was the same story, he would come home drunk. And whoever happened to be unlucky enough to be his target would get abused, usually he would hit mom but sometimes he would go after me, despite mom trying her best to stop him. She was as helpless as little five year old me, against the monster I called father. 

Every day just got worse and worse, the beatings starting as just hitting  and kicking...but soon becoming life threatening. Until my mother, the woman I thought would always be here for me. Left. I'll always remember that night. Mother and I had been planning it for months. We were going to sneak out and start a new life, away from that monster, just me and her. Or so we thought. We waited for him to fall asleep, so we could go. But he was a light sleeper and as soon as mother had opened that door, there he was. He was seething. 

He almost killed her that night 

So she ran, the second he slipped up. She ran as fast as she could. Not looking back, and I was left here alone, without her. I don't blame her. I would have done the same and I was happy that she is gone and out of that life. I only wish that I could have gone with her. 

(A.N)

Heyyyyy there, uploads for this are gonna be inconstant as shit so I hope y'all don't get too attached to it lol. Hope ya likey this is my first actual book I'm writing so like yay? Anyways bi bi y'all. 

(I know there are grammar mistakes, don't kill me pls. I'm bad at it)