chapter one

[ one year ago]

     Running as fast as her feet could carry her, everything has becomes very clear to her. There is no way that someone like herself could have everything in her life that works her perfectly. They all say that it's possible to change your life the moment you entered high school and you can be whoever you want and nobody can judge you for that but that's clearly a lie, isn't it? — no matter what you do, you would still be judged — nobody gives a fuck of how much effort you put in to be who you are.

     After all, the society only cares about how beautiful and how pretty a child is raised. If you were born pretty and consistently being called pretty as you grow, that's what you'll become and if you're a loser and consistently being called a loser as you grow, that's what you'll become.

     The irony of it.

     Ever since middle school, Kagami's bullying case had gotten out of hand and still no one talks about it. She'd seen her best friend taken her own life and now, it's about time that it's her turn to do the same so that it hits the society hard about how bad bullying could get, but she don't think that a nobody's death would be a huge concern for anyone.

     The news will only be a concern for a month or two and than, it'll disappeared and lives goes on like nothing happens.

     “You think that running away is going to help you?” the voice taunts Kagami as she struggles to keep herself together when confronted by the man that she feared her whole life.

     Her feet feels sore and she's getting tired of running away from all of her problems. She took a step back and feels her heart beating extremely fast, as of it could explode any time.

     She could hear her heartbeating in her head. It's pounding hardly.

     I'm scared.
     Save me.

     A small voice inside of her cries softly as she backed against the edge of the rooftop bar. Her breath got shakily as the man who taunts her highschool life is standing in front of her, threatening her. She looked over her shoulders and gulping out of fear, looking at the height as the storm hits and rain started pouring, making it even worse.

     “Ne, Kagami-chan~ why do you have to make things so hard?” Sakurai mutters in such a scary voice that send chills down Kagami's back.

     The look in his eyes — she knows that look. I'm going to die even if I don't jump off from here. She wanted to disappear. She gripped the bar tightly, breathing heavily and shakily as she watches him stepping closer to her with that devil look on his face.

     Sakurai smiles with a wicked grin that until now scares her. He always have that murderous look in his eyes whenever he looks at Kagami. She don't know why he's doing this and or what she'd done to him to deserve such treatment from him. She's scared.

     “Why are you doing this?” Kagami's voice crack as she ask him the question that she's been wanting to ask since the first day they met.

     She thought that entering highschool would be save since she won't be in the same school as him but Kagami was definitely wrong.

     “Why? Because I don't like you, you ugly witch.” Sakurai hissed, stepping closer and closer towards Kagami.

     Kagami's instant reaction was to climb over the bar and that's what she did. With the rain getting heavier and her heart that's pounding hard, her movements had gotten bold.

     She wasn't scared of death when faced with the devil anymore.

     “Stay away!” Kagami shouted over the rain, she puts her left hand out to stop him from coming any closer.

     She looked over her shoulder again and realized that there's no more going back. She finds herself to no longer feeling afraid of death. In fact, it was her only chance of escaping from the monster that has been taunting her entire school life.

     “O-Oie!” His friend shouted in panic as he notice that it's getting dangerous.

     Kagami could only focus on her grips and the fact that she could die any moment soon. The other fellow who tried to stop Kagami from  jumping, tried his best to convince his friend that it's not a good idea but it failed. The friend was scared of Kagami's desperate of wanting to jump but Sakurai, he doesn't sense the danger.

     “Are you seriously thinking about jumping?” Sakurai asked, laughing as he still thinks that it's all a joke.

     Ah.. everything is a joke to him. What is not?

    “I'm serious! Stay the fuck away from me! What the hell is wrong with you? What do you want from my life actually!?” Kagami cried louder as she step closer towards the end.

     She didn't know what gives her the courage to speak out to him, probably the sense of surviving so bad. Sakurai looks shock that she'd actually talked back to him. He grins and eventually that turns into an evil smirk with his stepping closer.

     “Jump if you dare,” He teased and chuckles softly.

     “Oie! Are you crazy! What if she dies?!” His friend asked, grabbing Sakurai by his arm and turns the male around.

     Sakurai frown and snaps away from his friend hold.

     “She wouldn't dare!” Sakurai shouted back to his friend.

     “I will if you don't fucking leave me alone right now!” Kagami screams, standing dangerously on the bar that is getting slippery by second.

     The rain gets heavier.

     “Fuck– you know what? Just jump you idiot! That'll make my life easier after all! Die! Die! You wouldn't even dare! Because you're a freak! A loser who's not willing to do anything! Someone who– ”

     Before Sakurai know it, Kagami had let go of her safety and leans backwards.