30: thanks for the vote of confidence

30
Pacifica

Mabel came over faster than I expected. "What happened?" She demanded as soon as I opened the door. She strode into the house and looked around for Dipper.

"I dunno." I stated. "He just came over and started speaking. . .weirdly."

"I didn't know that was a symptom." Mabel shook her head. "What was he saying?"

"Um, a whole bunch of things." I thought back to it. "Sometimes it didn't make sense."

"I beg your pardon?" Mabel looked around once more for Dipper. "Where is he?"

"He's in the living room." I pointed a finger in the direction of the room. "It was just a bunch of random sentences. . .about us."

Mabel took a quick peek into the living room and there was a moment of relief on her face. "About you two? Do tell, what?"

"He said he couldn't take it anymore." I explained slowly, remembering the conversation. "He said he wanted to. . ." I thought about not telling her. I didn't want Mabel thinking Dipper was a coward who didn't want to face his problem. "That's it."

"I can understand all of it." Mabel mused. "I. . .I think this has something to do with Traqueur Magique."

"Like an illness or disease?" My eyes widened at the thought.

"It would explain some things." Mabel admitted. "If this disease. . .wait, I see."

"What? See what?" I demanded.

"The disease only affects those who use magic against the creature." Mabel pointed out, "that's why this isn't affecting Gideon! He didn't use magic against the creature, but Dipper did."

"Oh no," I muttered. "This could be bad."

"It only attacked him and hurt him because he possessed magic." Mabel explained, "that's why Gideon's still alive."

"And Dipper will be fine?" I asked. "At least I hope so."

Mabel ignored my last comment and proceeded to check on Dipper. "Hey, Dip." She whispered softly.

Dipper looked up at her, "oh. . .hey Mabes."

"What are you doing here?" She sat next to his feet on the couch. "And more importantly, how are you?"

Dipper rolled his eyes. "I'm here because I want to see Pacifica." He answered. "How am I? Oh, isn't that a question."

"Drink some water, Dipper." Mabel encouraged, turning to face me. "Get him some water, Paz."

I walked into the kitchen and quickly grabbed a cup of water. "Drink this, Dipper."

"I dunno what you guys are freaking out about," Dipper took a long sip, "I'm fine, you don't need to freak out."

"Do you remember our conversation?" I asked, fearing the worst.

Dipper gave me a look, "if I'm being honest, kind of?"

"Okay, Dipper." Mabel interrupted. "Why did you even come over here in the first place?"

Dipper groaned and laid back down, "I. . I dunno."

"Oh dear God, tell me you weren't drunk." Mabel groaned aloud as well.

"Of course not!" Dipper snapped and then decided to stand up. "Now, if it interests either of you, I'm ready for the plan to unfold."