Happy wife, Happy life

--<-><-><-><->--

Leaving Hurts,
Hate Burns,
Love Heals

-->--<<-->>--<<-->>--

Chapter 11: Happy wife, Happy life

--<-><-><-><->--

Team Natsu; In the Train

Gray plops himself on the oh-so comfortable seats of the train, sighing in relief. He was sat on the seat near the window, which he stared out of the clear glass with a content smile. He was going home!

Of course, they'd have to stop at some places so Natsu - who Gray called a drama king because of his stupid nausea - could take breaks, plus the reason that they needed to rest (The trip back to Magnolia was approximated to take two days) so they weren't really going home, but were in s sense.

Erza looks to Gray, her own content smile adorned on her face as she sits infront of said man. "I'm glad your back to your own self again."

"Hm?" Gray turns to the red head "What'dya mean? I have been my own self."

Erza nodded her head. "You were your normal self, yes, but not the full you." Gray titled his head in question towards his friend and guildmate he had known for years. "Now that we're going home, I can tell your attitude has changed for the better."

Gray nods, opening his mouth to respond before he was immediately interrupted.

"Sorry, guys. Luna needed to use the restroom, and Natsu refused to get on the train so me and Happy had to basically force him on." Lucy apologized, taking her seat right by Gray.

"Not my fault!" a very mad Natsu, with Luna in his arms said. "You guys are the ones forcing me to go on the train! Me and Happy can just travel on our own! But no, 'We have to stay together as a family'" Natsu mimicked in his wife's tone and judging by the look on Lucy's face, she wasn't too thrilled.

She gave a soft glare as a tick mark appeared on her forehead. "What?" she says deadly, Natsu visibly stilling.

"Nothing!" he sat down next to his wife, giving her a 'I am innocent' smile.

"That's what I thought." she says in a softer deadly tone, turning away from her husband and crossing her legs. Gray laughed.

-

Magnolia

Sitting at the guild, Juvia softly smiled as she watched her son and the Redfox twins play around. Right by her side was Gajeel, he too watching them, but in his defense he was quote on quote "forced" by his wife to do so.

The twins birthday was a day or two ago, and Levy gave Gajeel the simplest of jobs to go out and buy the twins presents while she took them to the park. Well, when she left the house Gajeel told himself he'd go right after he laid down and closed his eyes for 2 seconds! 2 seconds! But still, somehow he had slept in and woke up exactly 1 minute before Levy returned with the twins.

After some yelling and fighting about how 'Your too lazy for your own good, Gajeel! I'll go shopping since I am apparently the only grownup here!' Levy spoke true to her word, but didn't really trust Gajeel to watch the twins all by his lonesome 'cause who new if he were to supposedly "fall asleep" and the twins somehow set the house or even themselves on fire? Their shopping was delayed about 2 days before Levy finally told herself it was time to stop slacking off. So, instead of Gajeel, she asked Juvia if she was willing to watch them. Juvia happily obliged.

So now, that's what she was doing. Why Gajeel was there? Well, he wanted to prove to his wife that he too could watch the twins.

"Juvia doesn't see why you didn't just go shopping right away." Juvia says as she laughs politely, looking at her friend from the side.

Gajeel scoffed, looking at the woman who was his best friend. "I was tired, k? You know how tiring kids can be."

"Well, Levy was taking the hard job of bringing the kids to the playground to watch them. Do you know how tiring that can be?" Gajeel scoffed again as he looks ahead, choosing not to answer. Juvia shook her head again with a little laugh, looking ahead just like Gajeel. "From a mothers perspective, and Juvia supposes this is how Levy thinks too so don't go saying she doesn't, having the husband going out shopping is less work and a quite simple task, too."

"I know, I know. I should've been more considerate and went shopping with no arguments."

"No, no." Juvia says politely, looking to her 1st best friend. "Juvia isn't at all, really. Just know that you should take what your wife says more seriously. You know the quote; 'Happy wife, happy life?' right?"

Gajeel snickered. "I guess Gra- your husband didn't know that quote." Juvia looked straight again, not taking the joke funny. Gajeel quickly fixed it, noting his mistake. "Okay. I'm sorry, but you gotta admit he isn't making you too happy."

"Mommy! Mommy!" Storm called, thankfully to Juvia's relief so she didn't have to answer Gajeel. "Look, look!" he pointed to Lilly who didn't have an all to pleased face on. The poor girl had dozens of hair ties in her hair while her brother, Gale, stayed pointing at her and laughing. "I did Lilly's hair! Don'tchu like it? Isn't it pretty?"

Juvia heard Gajeel's soft laughter at noticing his daughters hair while Juvia stifled one. "Its-its g-great…" she gulped at knowing the pain of getting your hair done with that many ties.

"Daddy! Do something!" Lilly complains to her father as she smacks her brothers pointing finger away. "Gale is being mean!!"

Instead of helping, Gajeel just continued to laugh. Lilly, seeing her father also laughing, put her arms down by her sides with fists clenched while her eyes shown a watery sheen; signifying her about to cry. Juvia rushes to the girls aid, helping a fellow girl out.