12~

Hyunjin P.O.V

"Okay so let's choose a song now." Jeongin said as he plopped on the couch, pulling us down with him.

"We need a song that is suitable for singing, rapping, and dancing to." Changbin said.

"Does anyone have anything is mind?" Jeongin asked.

"No." I said.

"Nope." Changbin added.

"Me either." Jeongin said sighing.

"This might take a while." I said.

----------------------

After a very long time of arguing and searching we found and agreed upon a song. We chose Wanna One's Boomerang. This song was suggested by me actually. I thought it was good because it has great and equal parts for singing, rapping, and dancing. Jeongin could sing the verses and prechorus and showcase his singing skills by singing Jaehwan's high notes. Changbin could rap the rap verses which are really good and there are a good and equal amount of them. And I thought I could choreograph a dance and dance it for the edm chorus break. This song was perfect because it has sections that combine all of our skills, and the style of the songs suits our style a lot.

"Perfect!" Jeongin said.

"That's a great song. Let's do it." Changbin said.

"Okay"

And so we split our parts and practiced.

"I think this is going to be really good." Changbin said proudly.

"Me too." I added, feeling confident for the first time in a while.

"Same! I can feel it." Jeongin added while smiling.

---------------------
1 Week Later
Talent Show Day

Every day for 2 hours we practice, for a total of a week, until the day of the talent show. When the day came around we started choosing our outfits, styling our hair, and preparing our stage. Finally we waited in the auditorium, awaiting our turn to go up on stage.

My hands were shaking as I fiddled with them. Jeongin turned and looked me, then gasped.

"Are you nervous?" He asked, grabbing my hands.

"Yea a little." I said still shaking, but comforted by his touch.

"Don't worry we practiced hard we are going to do great!" Changbin said while patting my back.

"I know you guys will do great. But I won't." I said, my eyes and head drooping down.

"Are you kidding me? You're the best one out of all of us. You even made the choreography yourself, you're so talented." Jeongin said.

"He's right. You're amazing." Changbin added.

"Just take deep breaths and relax and you'll be fine." I listened to Jeongin"s words and breathed slowly, in and out.

Two minutes later we were called up on stage.

"We got this!" Changbin said.

"Let's give it our all! Hyunjin are you ready?" Jeongin asked, turning to me.

I hesitated for a second but then got up and said, "I'm ready. Let's tear this stage up!"

"Way to go!" Jeongin said smiling. Then the three of us ran on stage. We introduced ourselves and the song and got into position. My heart was beating but as soon as the song started I zoned out and focused only on the performance and not my interrupting and bothersome thoughts.

After the performance everyone stood up and clapped. I couldnt help but smile because I was so satisfied by our performance, we did everything with passion without making a mistake. As we finished and were about to leave everyone starting chanting.

"Hyunjin! Hyunjin! Hyunjin! Hyunjin!"

They were chanting my name. They were calling me.

"Hyunjin! Hyunjin! Hyunjin!"

I turned to Changbin and Jeongin confused.

"Are they calling me?" I asked them.

"I think they liked you!" Changbin said.

"I told you!" Jeongin smiled widely.

"Dance! Dance! Dance! Dance!" The chant continued.

"It's an encore. They want you to dance again." Changbin said.

"What? Like right now?" I asked confused and nervous. My heart was starting to beat fast and my hands were sweating.

"Yea idiot. They probably want you to freestyle or something for them. They must have really liked your performance."

"Oh no. I can't do this." I said shaking with anxiety.

"Its okay Hyunjin! You can do it! You are amazing. Don't worry about anyone else but yourself." Jeongin said patting my back.

His words really calmed me down instantly.

"Okay." I said as I walked back out to the stage. Everyone started screaming as soon as I turned around.

They played a random song for me to dance to. Luckily it was Exo's The Eve, a song I was familiar with and could freestyle to easily. I felt so at ease and in my zone as I started dancing. When I finished I was met with the applause and screams of the audience.

"Wooooo!" The audience screamed. Their screams made my heart light up inside.

They actually like me. I thought to myself.

-----------------------

After the performance I sat back down in the audience with Changbin and Jeongin.

"That was crazy." I said, out of breath.

"I told you! You were amazing!" Jeongin said.

"You need to stop being scared. You have more talent than any other kid here...besides me of course." Changbin said with a laugh. I hit him and went back to focusing on the performances.

"The results are going to be announced soon." Changbin said as we watched attentively to the other performances.

Even though this is a talent show, they are going to judge each performance as a contest, and give results. We went into this just having fun and showing off our talents, not looking to win. But hey, it wouldn't hurt if we won would it?

-------------------------