Prologue

Rain fell softly in the Windclan camp, and soft breaths were heard as most of the clanmates dozed off. It was moonhigh, a few days after the Gathering. A ginger she-cat slid out from her wooly den as quietly as possible. She knew she couldn't wake the others if her plan was to be successful.

            Sliding through the abandoned camp entrance, she made her way towards the lake. Wind buffeted her fur as she ran for the island that the clans would gather at. As she neared, what looked to be a patrol of warriors watched her from the log-bridge.

            "Wow, Onestar knew what he was doing naming you Quickwind!" A dark tabby sneered. A golden-furred she cat shot him a glare. "We'd thought you'd forgotten- you'dve been left behind." She chided.

             "Sorry Gorsethorn," she adressed the Thunderclan warrior, "I overslept is all." "Well, are we ready to go or what?" A black tom asked. The tabby nodded his head in agreement. The cats all turned to head towards the edge of clan territory, tonight is the night that they  leave!

              At gatherings, the group would often find each other talking about how unfair and overrated clan life was, but they were all scared to leave for a better life all alone. During their last gathering in clan territory, they came up with a plan to take action on their desires. They had all agreed to meet by the island and travel far out of territory boundaries in hopes of forming a new clan.

               Quickwind passed the time reflecting on the events that led them all to the last remnants of the Windclan border markers. There was a hill just up ahead, and as they all staggered to the top, they looked back for one last sour goodbye.

               -  -  -   -  -  -   -  -  -   -  -  -
         The patrol was far out of clan territory reach now, and approaching a river with a lush forest just on the other side of it. I'm not the most fond of trees, but that seems promising enough Quickwind tried to convince herself. She was prepared for everything but a landscape change. She knew she would have to rely on Gorsethorn to teach her to hunt in an area like that, but she would make do.

          After taking a rest after the moon's long trek, the patrol took a tour around the outskirts and found a perfect place to set up a temporary camp. Quickwind felt the russle of a small breeze in her fur as she saw a starry cat appear. Welcome home, they whispered, this is where you are meant to be. I will always light your path, no matter how far you go...

Outcasts of the Stars: Exiles (Book 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara