2; Smoke and Lace

I tried to wriggle my way out of Dabi's grip but i couldn't, I literally couldn't. How is it fair for someone so light to be so strong even while sleeping? I gave up trying to get out of his grip, i didn't want him to wake up. I wouldn't know what he'd do, maybe be disgusted which lots of straight men were if they figured out they had cuddled a man in their sleep. Fragile masculinity much.

Too late I realized when he started to stir. His eyes twitched slightly and just as i was going to pretend i was sleeping he opened them, we locked eyes.

"Goodmorning." i said trying to ignore the fact that Dabi hadn't even seemed surprised to be holding me like this. He was quiet. I felt a little self conscious, was there something on my face? Was he thinking of ways to kill me? 

His face inched closer to me and there was no way of me going somewhere, I would die by the hands of a villain that crawled into my bed. When I put my hand on his chest and he suddenly snapped out of whatever he was thinking. He pushed me away with a startling force. He had inched closer to me when we slept and i knew that because he pushed me off the side of my bed.

"Seriously dude what the fuck?!" I exclaimed as i sat up glaring just over the edge of the back
"You were so close!" His cheeks flushed slightly red, which gave me a slight satisfaction. 
"You were the one inching closer to me just now." I protested

"You're the one who didn't stop me." He argued back.
"Did you want to stop then?" It slipped from my lips before i wanted too and it was my turn to blush. He luckily ignored the question and and got out of bed. He quickly changed not looking at me and stomped towards the kitchen.

I followed him to the kitchen and saw Dabi searching in the fridge, for something to eat i guess. Too bad for him though, i only have cereal and nearly expired milk. 

"You good?" I asked him, he didn't answer, "A man of many words." I said and i started on pouring water in the coffee machine.  
"I'm okay, you're just so loud in the morning." Dabi responded.
I rolled my eyes at him and finished putting the coffee in the machine and  then i turned it on. I sat down at the table waiting for the coffee to brew.

 I grabbed my phone which i left there the night before.
I noticed i had a few texts and i opened them. One was from Mirko who heard the news about a building being set on fire and multiple people died. She was worried, i told her i was fine before going to the other chat, Endeavor was a man of few words while texting and he only sent, Come to my agency.

 I sighed loudly before slamming my phone face down on the table. 

"What's up?" Dabi asked more curious then out of actual concern, as he chewed on his cereal.

"Gotta leave soon, for work." i said, best not to mention the number one hero with a villain

"That sucks for you." Dabi stated as he sat down.

"Thanks you're a real nice guy." 

It was quiet for a while and i felt like this was THE most awkward situation I've ever been in, except maybe for that one time when I- no this was slightly more akward. There was some sort of tension between us that i couldn't really figure out and it didn't get better because of Dabi not even attempting to speak. I stood up and grabbed a mug to fill with coffee.

"So what you gonna do today?" I asked wanting badly to break the silence, he shrugged, "Might as well annoy the fuck out if you. Seems like I'm doing a good job." Dabi said, I didn't need to look at him to know he was smirking.
"You don't talk much and when you do you're a mostly a dick." I informed him.

"What else didya expect?"
"Well, maybe you'd be more civil towards someone you're working with and someone who helped you?" I turned to look at him and leaned against the counter
"You haven't earned my respect yet." That surprised me. I hadn't earned his respect according to him but he let me take care of him and he had lied to me? How did that work?