Childhood Rivalry

*at the School Of Friendship Twilight and Dusk are grading papers with Starlight and Stellar when Spike and Barbra rush in excitedly with a scroll*

Spike/Barbra: *excited* Twilight! Dusk! Look at this scroll we just got! *unrolls it to reveal writing from Shining Armor and Gleaming Shield, and a picture of a toy aluminum crown*

[fanfare plays]

Twilight/Dusk: [gasps excitedly] *flies to them* Do you two know what this means?!

Spike/Barbra: *excited* Uh-huh!

Starlight: *concerned* Uh,we don't.

Stellar- *arches eyebrow* What's so exciting about a toy crown?

Spike: [laughs] This is no "toy crown". It's the hard-won helm of the Sibling Supreme!

Barbra- *nods happily*

Starlight/Stellar- *looks at Twilight and Dusk in confusion*

Twilight: *explains*When Shining, Gleaming, Dusk and I were small, we competed over everything.

Spike/Barbra- *nods in agreement*

Dusk: *calmly* To keep it friendly, our parents gave us gold stars every time we did something special. Sharing... getting good grades... even telling a really funny joke.

Twilight- *smiles* And at the end of each week, we'd add up the stars. The sibling with the most would win the Crown of the Sibling Supreme — and bragging rights — 'til next time.

Starlight: *admits* Guess that explains your love of charts and so much else.

Spike: *hopeful* I always wanted to be Sibling Supreme one day.

Barbra- [reading] "Meet us at Celestia and Solaris' castle to decide who deserves the crown once and for all."

Twilight, Dusk, Barbra and Spike: *grins as they fly out* Race you there!

[door opening and closing]

Stellar: *calls out in concern* Guess I'll watch the school?