Chapter 5: Car Crash

Your mom parks the car and you jump out, you don't know what's happening, all you know is someone that you know is in the hospital. You rush to the doors and your mom is close behind. You both run up to the front desk. Your mom asks the lady at the desk a few things  and then walks over to the elevator.

She presses the 5th floor, it felt like forever to get to the 5th floor. Your mom turned down a hall when the door opened. Your head was spinning in circles. While you were walking you read some signs, when you came across the one that said ICU your mom turned into that section

When you entered a nurse came up to you "hello there, who are you here to see?" Your mom spoke "yes um where here to see John (L/N)" the nurse looked through and a book and took you and your mom to a room. And there he was just lying there, all bruised, scratched, and cut. "W-what happened to h-him?" You said with tears rolling down your face. Your mom turned and looked at you and said "hunny, your father was coming home from work when... when he crashed with a truck." Thoes words made your heart shatter.

You and your dad were really close, he was basically your bestfriend. Every Saturday you and him would play soccer or baseball, and afterwards go and get some ice cream. You and your mom were crying in each others arms.

~Time skip~

After 2 days of your father in the ICU he had passed away, and for a week you have been looked up in your room since then. Greed-le, Once-ler, and you haven't talked in a while, and they most likely don't know what happened.

You heard a knock on the door, and didn't bother to move, then another knock. You still didn't move. "Hunny" you heard from behind the door, "sweetheart there are some people here to see you." Then the door opened Greed-ler and Once-ler stood there.

"Greed-ler picked the lock" Oncie said. You sat up and looked at them. "What happened?" Greed-ler said. A tear fell down your face and you reluctantly said "he..he passed away in the ICU after a car accident." Oncie and Greedy looked at you with sad looks on there faces. They both sat beside you and hugged you. It had been a while since you had someone hug you, the hug was warm and loveing. Being held by them made you feel safe, like nothing could harm you.

"Would you like to stay at our house for a little while?" Oncie asked, you thought about saying no, but you have been stuck in the house all week so you decide to go. You packed for at least 5 days and told your mom you were leaving and got into the car with your stuff. You were in the back all alone, so you put in your headphones and turned on some music. Once-ler and Greed-ler started taking but you couldn't hear what they were saying. Then Once-ler turned and said something "pardon" you said.

"What would you like to eat?" Once-ler said. " umm idk some nuggets, I'm not that hungry." You said, "ok." You put your headphones back in and closed your eyes. You fell asleep for a little and when you woke up you were just leaving McDonald's. "Perfect timing" said Once-ler. "Here is your chicken nuggets" he handed you a box of nuggets.

You smiled a bit and started to eat. It was the first time you ate fast food since your dads passing. Then Greed-ler pulled up to the house  and you gathered up your things, and oncie helped you.

When you got inside you went straight up to Oncie and Greedys bedroom and put your stuff down. When you turned around oncie was standing there. Then he came over and hugged you. He whispered in your ear "I promise things will get better", you smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He blushed a light pink, "can I have a shower?" You asked. "Of course you can" once-ler said. He walked out and you got into the shower.

Then when you were done you got ready for bed. There was a knock on the door "COME IN" you yelled. Once-ler and Greed-ler walked in, "were getting ready for bed," said Greedy. "Ok umm about that, where am I going to sleep?" You asked. " you can sleep with us" said Oncie, "ok" then you got under the covers. Greed-ler and Once-ler laid on either side of you and you all cuddled.

It didn't take long for you to fall asleep, but that sleep was the best sleep of your life.

Authors note: I tried to make this chapter a longer one, and sorry for not updating in a while. I was on a trip and had a lot of homework to do when I got back. But I hope you enjoyed.