Happy Birthday

Lizzie's POV

"Elizabeth," A voice drags me out of my sleep. "Elizabeth, wake up," the voice says gently.

I open my eyes and see Mum's slave, Fredrick, smiling at me. Fredrick's in his mid-thirty's but he's really nice.

"You slept through your alarm again, Elizabeth."

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me 'Lizzie'?"

"Ma'am has asked me to call you 'Elizabeth'," he replies.

I smile at him and shake my head. "Alright, I'm up." Fredrick gets off my bed and walks out of my room.

"It must be hard being a slave," I say to myself as I start getting ready for the day ahead.

I walk downstais when I'm ready. Fredrck cooked pancakes. They smell amazing.

"Elizabeth, darling." Mum says, looking up from the book she's reading. "I know that your birthday isn't for another week, but I think we can get your present today."

Fredrick serves me some pancakes when I sit. He doesn't loook me in the eye like he normally does. He seems nervous.

"What is my present?" I ask. Mum smiles at me.

"That's a surprize." She puts her book down and starts eating. "Now eat up."

After breakfast, Mum says we're going for a drive.

Skylar's POV

Breakfast is served at eight. Crusoe was right. Pound life is rough. Our meals are served in our ages so that isn't too hard. I don't know if it can be called 'food' though. It's more like slop. David and I nearly threw up at our first meal but Crusoe made us eat. Each day some guards come into our cages, clip chains onto our collars and take us outside. As you can imagine the slave yard is dy and dusty while the pet yard is green and lush. Other slaves tried to coner us but Crusoe always fought them off. Crusoe has helped us as much as he could. 

Today is the day I've been dreading. Auction day. Crusoe's told us how the auctions work and that we will most likely get split up. That's what scares me the most. He also said that bcause the guards punish me to keep David in line that there's a chance we may be sold together. I hope that happens.

Some guards come into our cage. They have more chains than normal. The way they pounce on Crusoe makes me jump.

"Come on, I learnt my lesson the first time." The Scotsman complains as they rip off his brace and attach the chains to his neck, wrists, ankles, and chest. When Crusoe's chained up the guards look at us. They don't scare me, but I think they scare David because he pulls me to him.

"Move it, Faggots." The guards push us and drag Crusoe out the door.

We're taken to what looks to be a waiting area beside a huge stage. There's a sea of men and women infront of the stage. I can see the 'pets' on the other side of the stage. They aren't getting pushed around and clamped in irons. They are gently ushered to where they need to be. Some of the pets are nervous, so instead of moving closer to each other, they press themselves against the guards. The guards smile at them and whisper things in their ears that makes them smile and laugh. I look up at Crusoe, who's getting pushed along beside me. He's looking at the pets, crying.

The men holding his chains notice and kick his legs so he stumbles. They laugh when he hits the ground. He looks up at them and I can see, by the look in his eyes, that if he had his brace he would kill them, but his dead arm would get in the way in a fight.