33. OFFICE, BLAST AND DEVASTATION

XANDER'S POV:

Opening my eyes everyday knowing that the love of my life is beside me is the kind of blessing a sinner like me can never be enough thankful for.

We started off the wrong foot and did go through a rough patch before our relationship even started but that was before she was kidnapped. Now it just feels like a real big dream where my crush reciprocated my feelings.

But it's not a happily ever after, not yet at least. We got a ton of bullshit to go through before we reach the end of the rope.

I feel her soft lips placed against the hollow of my throat and smile.

"Morning." I greet kissing her forehead.

"Morning." She replies rubbing her eyes to remove any remnants of sleep.

She sits up which causes the comforter to slide down exposing her smooth, milky skin.

"Really Eva?" I groan rolling out of the bed to avoid taking a cold shower.

"What? I'm not the one to blame if you can't control your hormones." she teases.

"Yeah babe? That's not what you were saying last night." I wink causing her cheeks to heat up.

"Shower?" I ask expectantly.

"After you." she smiles in a sickeningly sweet manner.

I roll my eyes and step inside the washroom to do my business.

----

After an hour, we both were freshly showered and dressed in formal attires.

"What do you plan to do today?" I ask her while descending the stairs.

"I'm starting office from today." She replies and I look back at her to see her dressed in nude colored pants and white shirt with her hair in a pony tail.

"You look beautiful." I compliment and she smiles kissing my cheek.

"Let's grab breakfast from somewhere, okay? And then I'll drop you at the building." I say and we leave the house.

After arriving at a local diner, I stepped out and went to her side to open the car door for her. As soon as she stepped outside, she lost her balance and clutched her head with her left hand.

"Babe, are you okay?" I say holding her to prevent her from falling.

"No, I'm hungry. My stomach is growling and you drained me last night. I haven't had anything since yesterday morning." She states making me frown but I let go of it and take her inside.

We settle down in a booth near the window. Soon a waitress arrives approaches our table for our orders.

"Hi I'm Lola and I'll be serving you guys today. What would you like to have?" she asks but my eyes are fixed on the menu still trying to decide.

"What I would like is for you to close the top two buttons of your shirt because your fake boobs are literally disgusting, get me another server and lastly take your filthy eyes off my man." I hear Xenia's voice and my head shoots up watching the scene unfold with amusement.

"I'm sorry ma'am. I didn't know, I'll get you someone else." The waitress said in pure embarrassment and fear before scurrying away.

She raises a brow in my direction and I chuckle.

"You look sexy when you're possessive." I exclaim and she rolls her eyes but I didn't miss the hint of a small smile dancing on her lips.

After eating and dropping her off to the office, I went to mine to sort the work which was left unfinished yesterday.