Chapter 8: Sabotage

*Niall's POV* 

I heard the annoying nagging in my voice as I lay half asleep on Avery's living room floor. The voice echoing in my head finally awoke me from the uncomfortable sleep that had consumed me just moments earlier. I looked around for a bit to see everybody passed out all over the room.

I stared at Avery, she looked so pretty when she slept, so peaceful and nice and everything beautiful and...  'Wait I'm getting distracted!' I shook my head and rolled over. Sitting up, I looked around the room, my eyes landing on three of the boys, their heads hidden under the blankets. I crawled over to them shaking them awake. They mumbled some bad words at me but I kept hitting them so their heads finally pop out. Harry, Zayn and Louis. 

"What could you possibly want at a time like this?" Zayn growls and I roll my eyes, 

"Wake up. I need help." I whisper and Harry, Louis and Zayn exchange weird glances but they start getting up anyway. I made my way silently over to Avery and Liam. The way they were cuddling meant nothing, since Liam is so smitten with Danielle and all but, I still felt some slight jealousy. I rolled my eyes and shook Liam a bit. He wasn't as grouchy as the other boys, so he was easy to wake.

"Yeah?" He asks groggily and I bring a finger to my lips, 

"Be quiet." I hiss and he's staring at me like I've lost my mind, I probably have. 

"What do you want?" He asks and I roll my eyes, 

"Just come on." I said not wanting to explain myself while I'm crouching right in front of him and Avery.  I mentally thanked the Lord for making Avery a heavy sleeper.  Liam rolls his eyes and like a ninja manages to get away from Avery and pads into the kitchen where the other guys have gathered on the floor, even when there is a table and chairs accesible. 

"So Niall, mind telling us why you have waken us up at like seven in the morning?" Liam asked after he sat in the circle the guys have formed. 

"It's about Avery." I said looking into their faces. All of them were  just staring at me with disinterest so I continued, hoping to grab their attention, "She's going on a date with this guy who will be totally wrong for her! And I need you guys to help me sabotage their plans." I told them quickly. Louis was the first to crack a smile,

"Niall, Niall, Niall you should have come to me sooner." Louis exclaimed, wrapping an arm over my shoulders. I rolled my eyes, 

"Well I'm coming to you now."

"Wait, wait, wait! Why is nobody objecting this?" Liam asked, incredulous.  Harry and Zayn looked over at him, 

"I think it's fun." Harry explained with a shrug, "Get her back for that kiss she never gave me!" Louis and him laughed. 

"I'm just along for the ride." Zayn said, raking a hand through his hair.  I looked at Liam who was shaking his head, 

"This is wrong, this is bad. She'll hate us." He practically yelled, throwing his arms into the air.  I turned and looked at Louis, seeking help. He was on it in a flash.

"Liam, Liam, Liam! How would you feel if Avery, our Avery started going out with some boy who doesn't even appreciate her! Don't you think Avery would be better with someone sweeter and nicer, someone who deserves her! Avery is like a diamond in a rough, everything she touches turns to gold, she is-." 

"Okay! I get it!" Liam yelled, shaking his head, rolling his eyes at Louis' exaggerations.  I look at Liam, 

"So?"  He glared at all of our hopeful faces, frowning.