The Beginning

Just a note, this story is very short and probably makes no sense so bear with me. If anyone wants me to carry on writing I will. Have fun guys. Bloop.

"No..." I whispered, barely audible above the thunder rolling above us. Without waiting for a response or excuse, I barreled into him and ran. I glanced back and saw him on his knees looking utterly defeated as he watched me go. Had I made the right decision? Doubts flowed through my head but I shut them out. There was no excuse for what he did.

I must've been running for a long time, as when I slowed, I found myself in unfamiliar surroundings: a place I had never explored with him.

I desperately tried to stop myself thinking about it. However hard I tried, my mind kept playing the moment over and over again: his look of utter defeat as I confronted him. He knew that I had found out. He knew that he had lied. He knew that there was no turning back. Yet he still had and I couldn't find words to explain the pain he had given me.

"Stop! Stop! STOP!" I screamed. Suddenly all the pain of betrayal that I had been holding back flushed out of me. I collapsed on the ground, no longer caring about the torrential rain or mud that coated me. I sat in silent misery for several minutes. Possibly hours. I had no concept of time. I felt a strong desire to cry, but there was nothing. I wanted to return home, but he would be there, meaning that was no option. I had nowhere to go.
I came to the conclusion that if I had to be outside, anywhere would be better than a puddle of sorrow.

As I gathered my strength to stand, I stole a glance at my reflection in the water. Expecting to see myself looking nothing more than a drowned rat, I bowed my head.

But all I could see was her face: her perfect teeth, sweet smile and glittering eyes. She was undeniably beautiful, yet she disgusted me.

I could no longer bear to stay, so I shakily stood and walked. I didn't know where I was going, but carried on regardless

I came across a relatively sheltered backstreet that looked a little like a sewer, but I didn't care. At least I would be dry.

I took my time navigating around puddles which looked like water yet my nose told me otherwise.

Eventually I located a small corner that didn't smell disgusting and I lowered myself to the ground, relaxing my exhausted muscles. Just as I started to close my sore eyes, there was a flicker of movement in the 'water' infront of me. All my senses were suddenly alert and my heart beat furiously against my ribs. The movement appeared again. I sat upright.

Towering above me was a wall of vile, slimy scales. My heart stopped...