Day of Darkness

Storms screamed across the desolate planet which echoed its own shallow sense of life and death. The dust cradled with the ground and the skies let out bursts of sickly signals showing whoever sees with their own eye— of a wretched story that would encapsulate many to come in the sonata and ruins of what was once a great standing planet that became overruled—adjourned, by the wars that followed upon it.

On such noted truths for the sad deteriorating planet, a woman, over her prime, had begun a sequence of trainings for the two men who pledged their allegiance and loyalty to her. Sion: Pain-endurer, curser of immorality and Niall: The Hunger of Pillars, precursor to destruction; titles given to them by their new master during the first few weeks of training, Kreia knew and known the power of Sion and Niall, she's seen such power demonstrated by the hands of Revan and rumors—evidence that Nomi Sunrider and Exar Kun were both outmatched with power, but these two weren't simply gifted, they were something else. She couldn't figure out the sole reason why nor would she want to know the full extent of it. Sion has proved himself doable in battle and Niall had proved himself in the directory of sorcery, during this time, she felt that Niall had been too mute only very few times did he ever speak aloud. She figured perhaps his native tongue was not like hers, or maybe he is kept to himself with the actions of speaking.

Whatever the reason, Niall couldn't be mute forever, Kreia had bolder plans for the duo, what would be weeks would turn into months and months turned into years, and she knew just as well the training would maximize their potential to the highest and only then would she put her master plan into motion, only... she had none. Not yet, anyway. She was stuck on Malachor V to train the two former Sith Assassins in the art of which she knew best, but there more than just the simple squabble of sparring and Force demonstrations.

There was philosophical lessons they needed to understand and address when they are on their own, there was steps that needed to be carefully taken to forefront the eradication of the flawed Jedi and create fortnight for the Sith's arising status to conquer the galaxy, though she knew the Sith were just as flawed as any, if not more than the Jedi, all the triumphs that could have been rewarded had they not gone against one another in jealousy or fear to lose power. To achieve victory, one must set down their power to overcome obstacles, it is not always the case to achieve victory through power while it's most definitely the case to achieve victory through will and morality in one's belief. The Jedi, the Sith, the Republic and the Sith Empire were all testimony to this, all rely on power in some form whether it be by the Sith's hunger for conquest and domination, by the Empire's quest to achieve control and enslave the masses, by the Republic's naive and consequential decisions, or by the Jedi and their petty code and moral system.

"To simply give the itch of power can turn even the most powerless into something to be afraid of." Kreia would say these words to both men as the weeks turned into months, teach them lessons they don't want to hear but need to hear. Debates between her and Sion went on as Niall only studied the movement of lips, beginning to comprehend the language more and more. Kreia was not one to lower herself to the invulnerability of darkness though if the plan threw the idea out there she wouldn't hesitate to take such a risk, regardless of how bad it could turn out. "See yourself by who you are as a moral compass. Waver the compass on opposite sides and you will be engulfed by temptation that surrounds the north, west, east and south." The blades shimmered and clashed against one another as Kreia could only study the combative force of Sion as well as Niall.

The two fought with pride and accomplishment. And they clearly were not listening to her lessons nor did they understand the prospect of dueling; in her eyes dueling was only a necessity, one should not fight with pride. Overconfidence, overestimation of ones power will always lead to major flaws within their form of style that connects them to death and such is the case with the Sith who mainly fight with pride and overconfidence, it always leaves them leeching onto life in the end and it usually ends in death. If these two were to fight with continued pride it would no doubt cast them the same fate, though it would be more so Niall than Sion. "Enough," Kreia said sternly as the two quickly disengaged their sparring match, "As you command, my master." Sion turned off his lightsaber, clipped it to his belt and kneeled down in respect. "It is good that your lightsaber skills have improved, Sion. Though do note that fighting with pride is a foolish mistake." Kreia told him, eyes crest on his gray damaged skin, "With all due respect, master. Shouldn't a Sith fight with pride, is it not logical?"