Chapter 8

As promised, when Surge was able to get around again, he talked to his father, the king, about letting Grace stay in the shark territory. The King agreed.

Grace smiled, and finally spoke up, "I left my collection of seashells back at the ship. I would like to go get them if it is ok."

In a panicked voice, Surge said, "you can't go alone. You are in shark territory, If someone sees you, it's over."

The king agreed. "I will send two of my guards with you to keep you safe. Last thing I need is for my son to hate me because you got hurt or killed with no protection."

Grace gave the king a nod, and went to get her satchel out of Surges room.

The next thing everyone knows, an ear shattering scream was heard throughout the whole castle. Surge, his father, and little brother Dray, all rushed to his room. Grace was nowhere to be found in the room. 

Dray asked, "what happened."

The king looked at young Dray saying, "the mermaid I told you about. The one that was nursing you brother back to health when I wouldn't let you see him. She went missing."

Surge saw the  message written on the wall while his father and brother were talking. He read the message.

                                                                   MESSAGE

                               IF YOU EVER WANT TO SEE YOUR PRECIOUSE 

                              LITTLE MERMAID AGIAN, ONE LAST SHOWDOWN.

                              THE WASTELANDS, OR SHE DIES.

                                                        THE TIGER SHARKS

"We have to save her!" Surge franticly told his father.

"We will devise a plan and save you friend." The king calmly spoke.

Surge shook his head. "No, you don't understand. I love her."

Dray then spoke up, "I'm still very small, I could scout ahead for traps, ambushes, and anything else."

Surge and their father, both nodded to him, and watched as Dray dashed out the window. The king then turned to Surge, saying "gather out top ten warriors, and I'm coming too."