Chapter 6

"Micky??!!" Mike practically screamed.

"Hey guys." He sounded a bit nervous.

"Micky?! What's going on HERE? Mind telling us what happened to you last night?"

The three of them moved closer to Micky and he moved back. This made them a bit nervous so each of them froze.

"Micky, whats going on here?" Davy also began to shout.

I wouldn't recommend you coming close."

"Why not?" Peter asked

"Because he's watching." Micky began to unzip his jacket revealing something attached to his chest.

"Wait, what's that?" Davy asked pointing at Micky.

Mike stuttered as he spoke: "T-t-thats a-a-a b-b-bomb."

"Mike's right Davy. If you move closer to me, we're all dead! It comes with a detinator and the guy that strapped it to me, is watching so he knows when to blow it up." Micky said, his voice a bit shaky.

Peter began to cry. "Peter, don't cry. We will find a way to save Micky." Mike said trying to think.

"Sure we will." Davy said putting a hand on Peter's shoulder.

"Guys........" Micky's voice was getting very shaky now. "Guys, just please hurry and find something that will help this situation."

"Stay calm Mick." Mike inched a bit closer and Micky moved back a bit.

Mike put his hands up: "Sorry."

"Micky, just hang tight." Davy said.

"Where you going Davy?" Peter asked.

"We need to get the bomb squad here."

"But Davy, they can't be near me." Micky said.

"No, but they can talk you through disarming it." Mike said in hopes that it would work.

"Go Davy!" Micky urged.

"Why don't you sit down Micky. You look very tired." Mike suggested.

Micky pulled a chair from the kitchen table and sat safely away from the others. He looked behind himself and all he saw was movement in the grass from a distance away.

"He's still out there." Micky said turning back around.

"How can you tell?" Peter asked.

"I saw movement in the bushes. That's how I know." Micky said with his voice ever so low.

"Stay calm Micky. I'm sure Davy will come back pretty soon." Peter said.

"That's easy for you to say. You're not the one with a bomb attached to you."

"Cool it you two!" Mike spoke up cutting both of them off from speaking.

20 minutes later

Micky was growing very nervous. It had already been over 20 minutes and Davy still isn't back yet.

Finally, Davy came running through the door with the bomb squad behind him.

"Thank god Davy. It took you long enough." Micky said with a slight smile that disappeared soon after.

"Sorry Micky. At first these guys wouldn't believe me. I had to try to convince them otherwise."

"Okay Mr. Dolenz, do you have any wirecutters near you?" One of the officers said.

"Uh, yeah." Micky pulled one off an amplifier that Mike and Peter use to trim the guitar strings when they change the strings on their guitars. They always keep it on the amp so it didn't get lost.

While the officers were trying to talk Micky through disarming the bomb, Mike, Davy and Peter were standing at a safe distance way out of the house due to the other officers escorting them out.

It had been a complete 10 minutes before the other couple officers came out with Micky following close behind.

"Micky!" Peter yelled as he ran up to Micky and pulled him into a tight hug.

Micky hugged him for the longest time. Davy and Mike joined in making it a 4-way hug.

"It's great to see that smile again Micky!" Mike pulled back from the hug and so did the other monkees.

"Thanks man. Its good finally be out of that thing."

"How long exactly were you attached to that bomb?" Davy asked.

"About 6 hours. He kept me in a dark room until y'all left the pad. That's when he dragged me here and told me that if you guys stepped anywhere near me, he told me he was going to blow us all up."

"Okay. One question arises, Do you know who this guy was?" Mike asked being all serious now.

"Not really. He never showed his face and I didn't recognize his voice."

"Well, lets get you inside. I know you must be tired Mick. You sure look it."

"Yeah. Its only been 16 hours. I've been attached with a bomb for 6 of those hours and sitting for most of that time not to mention chained up to a chair."

"At least you weren't hurt buddy."

"Right. Lets go guys." Micky said putting both his arms around his best friends.

Peter had a smile that he couldn't get rid of. He was happy to have his friend back. They all were.

The quartet all walked in one by one with Micky in the front of them all. Once inside, Micky sat at the couch and sighed. He apparently had something on his mind.

"What's up Micky?"

"Uh, just thinking."

"I know that. But what are you thinking about? It seems like you're thinking pretty deeply."

"Yeah. Its something this guy said that I didn't like. Well, I didn't like any of it but he kept mentioning I didn't like. He kept mentioning all of you guys. He was talking to someone and not directly to me so I couldn't hear too much of what was going on."

"What all did he say? What all did he hear?"

"As I said, I didn't hear much of what was said. But what I did hear was something about.............." Micky had to think long and hard about what was said. "He said some names that didn't sound familiar. Let me see if you recognize the names."

"Okay. What are the names?" Mike asked leaning against the wall with his hand on his hip the way he usually stood.

"Gary Martins, Brent Vasquez, and there was one other name. I think it was Freddy Marcos. Do those names ring a bell to anyone?"

Davy and Peter both shook their heads no then all 3 of them looked at Mike who now had his head down and shaking it. Those names were familiar to him but he didn't know why he knew those names.

"Mike?"

"Yeah. Those names are very familiar to me. I just don't know why though. I heard them somewhere before."

"Think Mike. Could it be names you heard as a kid?"

"Not sure. I wasn't all too nosy when I was a kid to be honest."

"So, you know the names but you don't know where you know them from."

"Right."