Chapter 6

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.:

"So, (y/n), are you sure it doesn't hurt at all?" My father asked, scared for my well being.

After that incident, apparently, Dipper had brought me home that day with my eyes bleeding heavily and me about to die because of blood loss. It's a shock I managed to survive because I saw my life flash across the veil of darkness that covered my eyes, but looking back to it, I can't help but smile.

Ford and father did a good job, a really good job. They managed to stop the bleeding, but even they were terrified of what lied under the curtains of my eyelids, so they didn't forced them open, however the main reason to that was that my eyelids seemed to be glued shut and they didn't want any harm to be done. They had wrapped my eyes in bandages and forced me to eat food that creates more blood in the body.

I'm in a normal condition now, and the burning feeling has completely faded away, but I'm afraid what the light will do to my already weak eyes once I open them... I hope it doenst get too bright, i think I'm going to develop a phobia for light, I chuckled at my thoughts and nodded happily at my father. Did I mention it's been a week already? Well, now I did so it doesn't matter anyways.

"If it starts hurting, you will say it, alright?" Father asked and I nodded again as he slowly unwrapped the bandages, the others were quiet, awfully quite.

Indeed, the incident took a huge toll on father once it was refuted out to him, I felt like he was hiding something, and he was feeling more complicated than it seemed, but because of my lack of eyes, I couldn't tell for sure, and it won't be possible anymore since his mood has gotten better than that one time. Whatever it is, he made sure to properly push it in the far back dark corners of his mind.

Once the bandages were unwrapped, I lightly touched my eyes with my hands and turned my head at the others, despite not being able to see them.

"It's okay to be okay (y/n)" Dipper said as he comforted meresting his hand on my shoulder, I turned to the direction of his voice and nodded, hesitation was clear despite being present in small traces.

I slowly opened my eyelids, the room was dark, dark enough for my eyes to adjust without any pain. But as my eyes fully fluttered open, gasps were heard all around. I blinked my eyes, getting rid of the blurry vision, then to the shocked faces of others.

"What?" I tilted my head. So far, my eyesight was completely fine, if not better, it felt like my eyes were reborn.... perhaps they were, but you can never be sure. But it seems as if my eyesight had gotten better, and sharper somehow.

"Y-your eyes...." Mabel whispered out.

"They were.... electric blue" my sister managed to speak without any hindrance.

"Were?" I was confused, what are they talking about?

Unfortunately, or perhaps decided by the course of destiny, none of them saw the low dim glow of the bracelet's electric blue gem, they didn't notice it now, and none of them noticed it when it shone brightly that day with that light that blinded the female witch.

"Yeah..." Eliza trailed off. "Do you... they feel okay?"

"Yep, they don't hurt anymore and I can see perfectly fine" I smiled softly, feeling the anxiety go away.

"I suppose it's nothing to worry about" my father furrowed his brows with closed eyes, then released a deep breath, and opened his eyes gain with a calm look and relaxed smile.

"Well, if your eyes are okay, then there is nothing to be worried about, anymore" my father patted my head and sighed softly again, leaving the room, a comfortable silence took over.