Let Her Go

Hi there! Okay, so it is always Percy's POV unless said otherwise. There should almost always be a song to go with the chapter and, what else... Percabeths time in Tartarus as well as the Giant War are going to be different. The Giant War part is going to be very similar, but their time in Tartarus is probably really drastically changed.

Rewriting started: 9:15 P.M. Wed. July 7     Ended/Updated: 10:15 (same night)

There weren't too many major rewrites, only realizing that I did say there was no elevator when I wanted there to be. It didn't take too much time, seeing as I tried, unsuccessfully to eliminate more of the childish writing I had created beforehand. Even now I feel as if I speak more eloquently as myself than as a writer. 

Changed apartment number.

All around me are the familiar faces of friends. Some only known for a short time. My lover's fate is the hardest to realize and accept.

Yet, tears slowly slipped from my eyes as I truly came to see she was really gone. (Bisexuals RISE!)

Her last words being 'Kick her ass for me.'

Naturally, I kicked Gaea's ass. For my Wise Girl.

Not going to lie, I kind of wish she would've said something cheesy, like in a drama or along the lines of, "I'll always love you." But, I was also well aware that I would see her on Elysium, so I'm not entirely worried.

------Small time skip named Small Bob------------

Camp was in ruins. Cabins were on fire, and around the border the ground looked like a dirt tidal wave had hit it. Thanks Gaea.

I heard hooves behind me and turned. Chiron. 

"Chiron, as much as I love it here, I'm—," he cuts me off, thankfully. My throat had tightened and I didn't know how much more I could say without beginning to let the tears fall.

"I already know what you're going to say, so I made some arrangements," he sighs, though I don't know if it was in relief or not. "Argus is ready to take you to your mom's appartment whenever you're ready."

"Thank you," I say. He turns to start walking away, but I stop him.

"Chiron, how, how do you get over all the deaths? How do you handle knowing everyone you've lost?" My voice cracks as I think about Annabeth and the rest of the family I've found and came to know since I was twelve.

His back is still towards me, but he turns only the face he beholds, cursed with a shadow that betrays the pain he is trying to hide.

"I don't."

----------------------⭐️Bob says hello to the stars⭐️----------------------

I open the creaking door to the Poseidon cabin. The fountain in the corner makes a small waterfall sound. It's continuous rainbow made me think of the iris messages Annabeth and I shared when she was in San Francisco during the school year. 

I push the oncoming fog of a flashback away and grab a backpack. As I shove clothes in I think of the time Annabeth and I went on a trip and she stood there and folded my clothes for me and put them neatly onto the suitcase.

I walk out the door, swinging the backpack over my shoulder, head down. Campers carry out their daily activities. Canoeing, sparring, picking strawberries, swimming. Out on the archery range, Will Solace stands closely to Nico, giving him lessons.

I see them share a small kiss. I make a silent oath. 

I, Persephone Jackson, swear on the River Styx that I shall never kiss or love another person until I see Annabeth in the underworld.

Heading to Thalia's Pine, I look over the crest of the hill. Peleus snorts a cloud of smoke in displeasure of being ignored, so I give him a little pat on the head. The camp van with the words Delphie's Strawberry Service idles as Argus waits for me. 

I trudge over to the waiting vehicle to open the side door.

"Hey, Argus." He waves. All the eyes around his body focus on the road after I've taken my seat and we hit road.

It is all trees, grass and some beaches until we reach 3 miles away from camp. We pass Montauk Beach, and I spot the cabin my family owns.

"Argus, could you stop please?" We slow down until we are parked right next to the cabin. I yank open the van's door and step out feeling tense. The last time I had been here, the Minotaur attacked and I haven't had the chance to come back. 

But once the salty ocean smell reaches my nose, I instantly relax. 

I walk up to the cabin and reach behind a statue of a hippocampus that Tyson made. He brought it here for when I would finally come back, maybe with him.

Tyson. My Cyclopes brother. Who is now nothing more than a golden powder. Killed by Gaea herself.

I grab the key and open the wooden door. 

Once inside, I was instantly hit with the musty spell and memories from the framed photos carefully set on top of the end table. The first I saw was me and Annabeth standing together holding hands. Another was all of the seven standing in full armour, our swords and daggers out or bow drawn back. We were smiling, even though we had cuts and scrapes from fighting some monsters that had  come our way.

I put the photos into the backpack I was still wearing and walked to the bedroom I always had used when my mom and I came here. I waked over to the bed where the blue sheets were pristine as always, seeing as there was a note on top.

                   When you get the chance, come to my underwater palace I have something I need to tell you.

                                                                                                       ~Your Father

Huh. A note from dad. That's a first. And he has something to tell me, too! Well, isn't it my lucky day? I just love gods needing me, especially my own father. HA! Please note the sarcasm, dear readers.

I shove the note into my pocket, hoping to forget about it. Maybe if I'm lucky, it will go through the wash.

When I came back outside, I see a seashell. I pick it up. I'll give it to mom or string it to a necklace. Possibly both?

Argus knocks lightly on the window and questionably waves to me, asking it I'm coming. I nod my head and make my way over.

When we pull up to the apartment building, I look up, remembering ours is on the third floor. Number 301. It's an older apartment, but still has an elevator. I decide on the stairs as a safer alternative. 

 Entering the building, I wave to the doorman, who smiles in return. I head up the stairs. I wonder what it's going to be like to see my mother after almost a year of missing her.

Knocking, then waiting. It seemed like forever when I heard the door knob turning and felt someone's presence through the water particles in the air through the door. [Power-up time :)]

Mom appeared in the doorframe, holding a small child on her hip. My little sister. 

I reach out and take the child from her, kiss Mom's cheek, then let a tear drop.

Percy is around 17 1/2, a Senior in high school for anyone wondering.

Tell me if you want specific things to happen. :)

Comment and/or vote if you wish to!