2 years before the great calamity-

Impa was mad, that much was clear. You didn't much see the collected old lady get upset unless someone had truly screwed up. However, what she didn't know is that this wasn't my fault. Really- I swear it's not an excuse. Two Scees stole it from me. I was so scared, I thought I was going to die. Once Impa knows this, she'll be happy I saved myself over the necklace. I have been cut all over myself, from narrowly avoiding thier blades. I probably need medical attention. Impa doesn't seem to notice this.

"Goddamn, it grandson! Goddess Hylia, Pid! Pid... oh Pid! What is the meaning of this? Where is it? Why are covered in cuts?" She repeats over and over again like a croaking, broken record. I try to ignore the pain from the cuts and say "Scees attacked me, I nearly died. I fought them off, but they got away with the necklace! They wanted me to join, but I wouldn't!" Impa has a troubled look, and then looks at my cuts and promptly says "Go get a doctor, Pid. We'll discuss this later." Im now realizing just how badly injured I am. Coming here must have been pure adrenaline. I'm bleeding from my legs, my arms, and my face. My bun is messy, and theirs a slash right into my bright red eye. How did I not even notice this?

After several hours, I come out of Dr Risse's house. I seem to look like a war hero of some sorts, I have an eye patch (Although Dr Risse says it won't be there forever), several bandages covering my cuts, and some stitches on my face. Impa looks alarmed for just a second, and then she quickly says to me "Hylia, they really banged you up Pid. Anyway, do you know where they went with the necklace? Are they both still alive?" I answer quickly with "Southward, I think, and one I killed." "Killed? Your but 14! It's impressive you survived, much less kill one!"