Chapter 28: Chiyo Did Some Good In Her Long Life!

A rock theme begins as Chiyo is shown turning as her black hair waves in the wind. As the music changes, her eyes are zoomed in to show sad looking eyes. "What should I protect?" The title is shown before it fades away to show Chiyo standing with Inuyasha, Miroku, Sango, Shippo and Kirara. "Without a doubt, there was only one thing: An echoing cry, a sound made in vain within the deep forest." Kagome is shown running over to them and Shippo jumps down to the ground from Sango's Hiraikotsu and smiles up at Kagome. The music changes as Koga is shown with gritted teeth as he growled. "The reason I could hold back my tears, was because of the warmth when our fingers touched!" The music speeds up and Chiyo is shown standing alone as the wind is shown blowing her hair and she held her arms up to stop it. "A future without you is a future without meaning!" Koga is shown jumping over to attack Kagura before Inuyasha, Kagome, Sango, Miroku and Shippo also appear and attack at Kagura, Kanna and Naraku. "I'll never let go of you again!" Light flashes and Sesshomaru is shown walking with Rin and Jaken before a woman with duel-colored eyes and black hair flashes like a ghost while she looked to be sleeping before Sesshomaru is shown multiple times wielding one of his three swords. "The world I see with you is a world I've never seen before!" Light flashes and Chiyo is shown either playing with Inuyasha's ears, Shippo's tail or Kirara in general while the others just laughed at Inuyasha getting angry. "We travel across time and space on a distant journey!" Light flashes as Chiyo and Koga are shown back to back as Koga wields metal claws on his right hand while he looked to be growling. The music slows down as the two fade to silhouettes and the title is shown.

About a week later, Koga manages to find a clean waterfall area. He looks around the area to make sure it was fine for Chiyo to be alone to bathe.

"Here's a good spot. You two stay near Chiyo but don't you dare peek at her." Koga says.

"We're not dumb; we know you'd kill us." Hakkaku says.

"We'll look for food nearby!" Ginta says.

"I'm going to look for a kimono for Chiyo." Koga says.

"Not something girly." Chiyo says and Koga growls slightly, "I need an under kimono as well."

"Huh? Right." Koga says.

"That one it doesn't matter if it's a female or male kimono. But the top one, you should know by now what I like to wear." Chiyo says.

"I get your used to wearing a male's kimono, but I don't want some random man's scent on you." Koga says.

"Then buy a fresh one." Chiyo says as she reaches into her kimono. Koga blinks confused as she hand him some money.

"You remember that I'm a wolf demon right?" Koga asks.

"Fine, take me to the nearest village and I'll buy myself one." Chiyo says.

"Alright." Koga says and helps Chiyo onto his back.

"Now we'll be back. You boys keep this place safe okay?" Chiyo asks.

"Right." Hakkaku says.

"Leave it to us." Ginta says. They take off towards the nearest village and as they get close, Koga slows and sets her down.

"You sure you don't need me to come into the village with you?" Koga asks.

"The last time you went into a village, your wolves killed a bunch of people. Though you have changed, wolf demons still are seen like that." Chiyo says, "Don't worry; I'm better at handling mortals than Inuyasha is."

"Alright. I'll be here waiting for you." Koga says.

Chiyo heads off towards the village. Some villagers were weary of her. She heads right towards the market area and looks around. She hears people talking about a demon that's been watching young girls change or during their baths. Chiyo blinks confused as she listens.

"Hey, you there." A voice says and Chiyo looks over her shoulder.

"Oh, if it isn't my old friend." Chiyo says as she finds a man that she once knew as a boy.

"It is you! Lady Chiyo! I wasn't sure." The man says.

"Takeo, my, what has it been? Thirty years?" Chiyo asks.

"It's been longer than that. I'm in my seventies now, Lady Chiyo. You haven't aged a day, but I knew that when we met. What have you and Lady Reiki been up to?" Takeo says with a smile on his old face.

"Hmm... Time passes a lot quicker for humans, I forgot. You were only in your twenties when we met correct? I've been traveling for quite some time while Reiki has found a place to rest comfortably. Is this your home now?" Chiyo asks.

"Oh, yes, Lady Reiki's vision led me here to my beautiful wife." Takeo says.

"I'm so happy for you." Chiyo says.

"My wife and I ended up having twin daughters and we named them after the two of you." Takeo says.

"That's so kind of you." Chiyo says.

"What are you looking for, Lady Chiyo?" Takeo asks.

"Hmm, well, you remember back then when we first met and you thought I was a man?" Chiyo asks.

"Yes, you wore men's kimono so you wouldn't be forced upon, correct?" Takeo asks.

"Exactly. I've gotten myself in quite the trouble lately and I'm in the market for a new kimono." Chiyo says.

"Mhm, my wife actually makes kimonos to sell to travelers." Takeo says, "For your and Reiki's help, we'll happily give you one."

"That's so kind of you." Chiyo says.

"We can never repay your help with guiding me to her." Takeo says.

"Oh, but that was Reiki who did that." Chiyo says.

"Yes, but you saved my life. A debt I can never repay." Takeo says and Chiyo looks at Takeo. He was right, Chiyo had saved his life. A wandering bandit who's group had been slain by soldiers was going to murder Takeo when Reiki and Chiyo stumbled upon him. Chiyo's weapon at the time, a sword that has long since shattered, was the very weapon Chiyo had used to save Takeo's life. Chiyo had been a novice back them with wielding a sword that she wasn't very good at it.

"I saved you, because you were just a young boy at the time." Chiyo says, "You didn't deserve death." She smiles at Takeo who nods at her.

I owe you my thanks for it." Takeo says.

"Hmm... I don't have much time; I wouldn't mind paying you for the kimono." Chiyo says.

"Come with me." Takeo says. The two head away and Chiyo smiles at Takeo's family. He had grandchildren now. That made Chiyo happy. Takeo's wife shows them the kimonos that she had and Chiyo picks out an under kimono and then an outer kimono.

"Thank you for this." Chiyo says holding out payment.

"No, thank you. We have our happy life even in times like this, because of you." She says and closes Chiyo's hand. Chiyo stares at Takeo and his wife. Chiyo nods and Takeo's wife wraps the kimonos up for Chiyo. Chiyo waves to the family and she looks back at them with a smile. She walks away and Chiyo looks at the sky.

'Reiki... You and I gave these people their happy lives by saving the life of one man. I, Chiyomaru, born from a dog demon father and a mortal mother has touched the lives of many and given many a reason to happy with their mortal lives. Perhaps that was the reason for my birth...' Chiyo's thoughts say.

Chiyo heads back to Koga who lookedbored. Chiyo giggles as she places her hand on his shoulder. He looks up at herand smiles at her. He helps her onto his back and he takes off running. Theyreturn to Hakkaku and Ginta who waited patiently. They wave at the two of themand Chiyo giggles.