My Stalker Boyfriend

Its been two years since my boyfriend, John and I went out. But with most relationships, there would be an end. I was always so worked up between work and school and when that happened, John and I would argue. I didn't want that anymore, so I left him.

Three months pasted and I felt better about myself. I had no problem doing what I had to, lucky John wasn't in my life.. much. I started dating again but this time with a boy named Liam. Liam was a Junior in college, so lucky me, I was on three years younger. Both of us were in almost the same classes so it really helped when he helped me study before a test. But sometimes, I can't help but daze off into his beautiful hazel brown eyes. 

But recently, I've been feeling like i'm being watched. It wasn't a good feeling either. One night, I was with Liam watching a horror movie, 'The Conjuring'. We started getting to a good part then paused it as he stood up to used the bathroom. With the blanket over my shoulders and my legs against my chest, I looked around the dark room, with only the tv illuminating the room. There was no sound but every creak in the house was louder, the outside seemed closer, but there was one thing that caught my eyes. A black figure outside my window, peering inside, staring at me. Unfortunately for me, the kitchen window faces towards the living room. I didn't have trees in the windows, just small bushes.  I couldn't move, I couldn't even scream. All I could do was pray that Liam would hurry out. 

I heard the bathroom door finally open. It truly felt like forever since Liam came out but when I looked his direction and back, the figure was gone. Liam saw that there was hardly any color to my face. He put his hand on my shoulder and he could tell I was shaken about something, "Ashley? Are you okay?" He asked softly, rubbing my back, "You look like you saw a ghost. Is it the movie? We can--" 

"No, its nothing! Lets continue the movie!" I smiled softly and he didn't want to keep asking what's wrong and we watched the movie through. 

The night passed quickly and it was time to go to work. Liam drove me to work before his first class started. I worked in a fast food place. Wasn't a great job but it was something to get the bills paid with. The day with smoothly until roughly around two o'clock in the afternoon. A man walked in with a black hoodie and a black ball cap. He was silent for a while then spoke, "Um- I'll get a cheeseburger, no lettuce, extra fries and Root-beer."

I gladly nodded and smiled, "Okay, your total is... $17.36." He handed over the money and waited for his food. But something caught me off guard-- He sounded familiar, as if I knew who he was. 

"You always had the most beautiful smile." Shivers went down my spine when it hit me.

"J-John!" A smirk appeared on his face as he walked up to me again. I held out his bag of food he ordered and he took it, before disappearing. 

After work, Liam got me so we went to get me a change of clothes before his second my my first class began. We got to the college and luckily we sat close, so we passed a not back and for to each other. The professor could care less what anyone did. I wrote a note and passed it to him. 

The note read:

A: I had a weird day at work. I saw John... 

My ex boyfriend. And remember how we watched the horror movie,

and how you paused the movie to use the bathroom?

He looked at me and gave me an odd look and wrote back:

L: Yeah- so what happened?

I took my notes for class before I responded to it, opening the note:

A: Lets start with last night...

When you went to use the bathroom, I saw a strange dark figure standing out of my kitchen window. 

L: It could have been a tree

A: I don't have a tree there, I have a small bush

He shrugged But before we could respond, a test was placed on the desks. A timed test, great. That's what everyone wants nowadays. I thought high school was over. I shrugged a bit with a sigh but i softly whispered, "I'll tell you later." We nodded and continued to do out test.

Finally the test was over and it was time for us to go home for a bit. Of course, he chose to go to my house. Liam and I held hands and walked to his blue 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer and drove to my house. Before we pulled in, I saw someone in a black hoodie, looking into my house. I told Liam to drive passed so it gave me time to call the police. 

Was it John? Is he going to break in my house?! "What is it Ash? Who was that at your house??"

"It might be John. The ex I told you about-"

I was cut off when police dispatcher answered the phone, "911, what's your emergency?" 

I told the police what I saw and what he wore, Liam circled around again to find no one there.

"He's, he's gone. I don't know where he went." When the call was over, the police dispatcher sent police to investigate. Officer James asked around to see if there was anything they've seen. They seemed to open a case to find the man. 

After things settled down, I went inside with Liam. Everything was still in place, nothing was touched, no one broke in. A sigh of relief and I made some stress reliever tea to both of us. 

The day went by quickly, I finished my last class and Liam went to his night shift job. It was lonely being alone in my house. Liam basically lives with me now and hardly goes home. I surfed the channels until I was stuck watching between the news and cartoons. Not that I mind either channel. Since the Nightly news was on commercial, I watched "Tom and Jerry". The older episodes were the best! I watched them as a child and I still do. 

An hour passed and I got thirsty. Before I stood, my stomach growled. I walked towards the kitchen, but I froze in place when I looked out of the kitchen window. The dark shadow figure came back, but in a blink of an eye, he was gone, I looked around before I heard the glass shatter from the other side of the house, my bedroom. I panicked and screamed as soon as I heard the glass crush under someone's feet. The footsteps got closer as a I soon started seeing someone or something emerge from the darkness.

The dark figure ran towards me and tackled me on the floor. His breath could be felt against my neck. I screamed, hoping someone heard me, "Is that what you do now Ash?" He started off. He threw his knife down on the floor, stabbing it through the wooden floor as my tears streamed down my face, "You leave me then have some other asshole date you!" 

Sirens flooded the streets, It was like music to my ears. Before he went to the door to run, he slammed my head against the floor, breaking my nose once he did that. He didn't bother grabbing the knife before he ran away. Paramedics ran inside to treat me injuries. I was put on a stretched and put in an ambulance. Before they closed the doors, I asked if they could get a hold of Liam. I couldn't help but cry. John is still on the loose and who knows what might happen next time if he wasn't caught. 

A half hour passed and I was already in surgery. I guess it was that bad. But eventually, I came out and was in room 443. Liam rushed in, as I started waking up from surgery. "Liam?"

"Yes baby? I'm here." He kissed my forehead and brushed my hair out of my face, "I'm so sorry I wasn't there. Even though I knew he was a threat." He blamed himself and I placed my hand over his. "It's not your fault, Liam." 

But what's going to happen-- He's still out there. God knows where he is now, what if this happens again?

Is this going to be something I have to live with?

The end!! Sorry that it wasn't that great, I haven't written in a while. Please tell me what you think! If you have any Ideas, I'd love to hear what you'v got. Or you can message me!

Thank you so much. Please rate, comment, and share.