Love

Disclaimer:I do not own any of the characters, art, or the book in general.

-------------------------------------------

Jiang Cheng POV

I have always loved my brother, I even lost my golden core for him. Then Wei WuXian had to go and cut out his own golden core for me. I may act like I hate him, but that's because he and I both know that it's for the YunmengJiang sect. 

I took another swing of liquor. Wei Ying had wanted to spend the night with his husband, Lan Wangji, in the cloud Recesses. The Jiang sect cultivatiors were in their sleeping quarters right now, and Jin Ling was with the Lan sect cultivators and Wen Ning. I didn't have to worry about being caught. With another swing of the strong liquor, tears ran down my face. I got up and wobbled to my room. There, I had a table with a picture of my family and me. 

We were smiling. It was when we were happy, before the QishenWen Sect, before Wei WuXian became the Yiling Patriarch, before YanLi died. I was weeping now. Thankfully, no one would hear me. 

"I miss them, I miss them!" I muttered under my breath. I was so overjoyed when I saw that Wei WuXian was alive. I wanted to see if he was here for good so I hit him with Zidian. I wanted to fulfill our promise back at Lotus Pier. I wanted for me to be the sect leader and him, my right hand. I wanted him to come back with me. But, Lan Wangji interfered and kept him from me. Wei WuXian left me agian when he married Lan Wangji. 

I cried harder. 

A-Ling will eventually leave me through marriage too. I tried to wipe my eyes, Jin Ling would be home soon. I placed my picture down and stood up. No matter how hard I tried to stop the tears the continued. I turned around. In the doorway was Lan XiChen and Jin Ling. They looked shocked. I realized I was still crying and turned back around.

"Do you need something, sect leader Lan, A-Ling?" I said, in my usual harsh tone. 

"Uncle?" Jin Ling started, "Why were you crying?" I stiffened. 

"Sect leader Jiang?" Lan XiChen asked. 

"Is there something the GusuLan sect wants from the YunmengJiang sect?" I asked. I wanted this to be over as soon as possible. 

"Sect Leader Jiang, there is something I wanted to discuss with you but you seem to be in a, um, situation." Lan XiChen stated. "I will come back tomorrow."

"Sect leader Lan, you may stay here for the night if you wish? We have many guest bedrooms available and it is already so late out." I offered. It would be rude of me to let him see me crying and then kick him out. 

"That would be wonderful." Lan XiChen stated. 

"A-Ling." I turned to Jin Ling. I could tell by his look, that the tears had still not dried up. "Take Sect Leader Lan to the nicest guest room we have." I ordered. A-Ling saluted me and led Lan XiChen out of my room, I collapsed onto my knees and buried my face in my hands. I cried for a few seconds but decided I should wash my face because Jin Ling would be back soon. As I dried myself with a towel Jin Ling entered. 

"A-Ling?" I asked. 

"Uncle why were you crying?" He asked, mercilessly. I clenched my fist. "Don't you think I have a right to know?" Jin Ling continued. "You've never cried, not once, when I was with you so why are you crying?!" A-Ling sounded worried. I sighed. 

"Alright, you're just going to be annoying if I don't." I stated. I sat down on my bed. As you know, I am your mother's brother. Your grandparents are my parents. But, what I never told you is that we had an adopted brother. Most people thought he was supposed to be a servant but our mother, father, Jiang YanLi, and I all felt he was just part of the family." I didn't face him. "So, Wei WuXian is your uncle too." I got up and picked up the picture. I tossed it to Jin Ling. "that was our family." I finished. 

"That still doesn't explain why you were crying!" Jin Ling pushed

"I miss them." I said, simply. "Your grandparents were killed by the QishenWen sect, your mother and father by out of control walking corpses, and your other uncle by backlash while destroying the tiger seal."  I took a breath. "I was so happy when I found out he was alive. I finally had a bit of family left, but then he got married." I looked down. 

"I can help you with that." A voice spoke from the doorway. Lan XiChen was there. 

"Sect leader Lan?" He started walking towards me and I backed up, I soon hit a wall and he was right in front of me. He was tall. 

"I said I can help with that, you need love. I can provide it." He said, still smiling. I look at his eyes. 

"Sect leader Lan, I'm not sure that I understand what you mean?" I looked at Jin Ling who was too shocked to say or do anything. 

"If you don't understand with words then let me show you." Lan XiChen leaned down and pressed his lips to mine. His hand grabbed onto my back, bringing me closer to him. I was too shocked to do anything so, still kissing me, he picked me up and placed me on my bed. He turned to Jin Ling and smiled. "You might want to leave?" Lan XiChen advised. 

Jin Ling snapped out of whatever trance he was in and saluted Lan XiChen. As Jin Ling walked away, I yelled, "A-Ling! H-hold on A-Ling!" I was confused and couldn't think straight. Lan XiChen silenced me with another kiss and waited for Jin Ling to close the door. 

------------------------------------------------------