She Will Be His

Bonnie bursts into the girl's bathroom, desperately trying to put out the flames that had, out of nowhere, burst to life on her hands

Bonnie bursts into the girl's bathroom, desperately trying to put out the flames that had, out of nowhere, burst to life on her hands. Heart pounding, lungs heaving. Bonnie stumbles to the sink, turning the faucet on with her elbows and shoves her hands under the rushing water.

She had been feeling three different waves of magic since she got to school, and she couldn't figure out where they were coming and what caused them. Her magic had been trying to reach out to these new waves but she wouldn't let it. At least not until it accidentally happened in math class when the waves of magic and her own collided. Her magic flared and her hands burst into flames. She screamed "bathroom" as she stumbled out of her seat, trying to hide her hands as she raced out.

The water finally smothers the fire leaving her hands unscathed.

She raises her hands from the water, staring in disbelief. She was in so much shock and fear when her hands suddenly lit ablaze, she hadn't even noticed that she hadn't felt any pain, that the heat was dancing on the surface her hands and not eating at it.

The door creaks open snapping Bonnie from her thoughts. She quickly turns off the water and reaches for the cold steel paper towel dispenser as three girls walk in. One with long fiery locks, one with soft raven curls, and one with a blonde buzz cut with a symbol shaved in.

"Hey, are you alright?" The enchanting brown-skinned girl asks, watching Bonnie roughly dry her hands. "You look a little freaked."

"I'm fine." Bonnie stutters forcing a smile, throwing the paper towel into the trash can.

"Well, it's our first day so, I'm Antoinette Griffith, but I go by Toni." Toni introduces herself holding out her hand to shake. Bonnie quickly takes Toni's hand and a jolt of the other's magic shooting up each of the girl's arms, around and through each other like electricity.

"Bonnie Bennett." The young witch introduces herself stunned by the power she felt from a simple handshake.

"This is my sister Lana Nguyen." Toni waves her hands towards the bewitching girl of Asian descent.

"Pleasure," Lana says with a bright smile, gently shaking Bonnie's hand. The waves of magic washing over each other, like the ocean waves washing over her feet at the beach.

"And this is my sister Ava Claire." Toni introduces a charming redhead.

"It's so nice to meet you." Ava bounces, shaking the Bennett witch's hand with both of hers. The girls' magic bumping into each other like they're playing tag in a bouncy castle.

All three waves of magic Bonnie had been feeling all day were right there in front of her. Three witches.

"Toni didn't the Griffith family flee Salem with the Bennett family back in the 1690s," Lana asks, leaning against the sink.

"My ancestors and the Bennetts were real sisters in the craft." Toni drawls with emphasis on the wordcraft. "They were close before the Bennetts decided to settle and make a home while the Griffiths kept moving and ended up in New Orleans, the birthplace of many like Marie Laveau."