Chapter 14: Open Eyes

(unedited)

Juliana P.O.V

My eyes are glued shut, and I can't move my body. I feel paralyzed. The only part of my body that is working are my ears. I feel my right hand being held in bigger, stronger hands. I began to hear someone with a deep voice speaking. They sounded sad, depressed even. Then I realized that voice belonged to Alex. He was talking to me. He was telling me something.

"When I first laid my eyes on you, I could see your beauty not only on the outside, but on the inside too. You're gorgeous, no stunning Juliana. Everything about you is so perfect, and I...I uh I think I might be...," Then I heard footsteps walk through a door, interrupting what he was saying.

"Times up, we need to run a few more tests. You will see her tomorrow, okay?" I heard someone else say. Almost immediately he let go of my hands and walked away. WAIT! You think you're what? What's tomorrow? What is happening?

I felt sleep call to me and I didn't fight it. If something was happening tomorrow, then maybe I could find all of the information I'm searching for. I will get my answers tomorrow, but for now I'm picking up the call, letting myself fall into a deep sleep.

Alex P.O.V

I woke up from my sleep to see it was 5:45 AM, my now normal time to wake up during school days. When I was about to head into my bathroom to take a shower, I heard the doorbell go off. Who is at my door this early in the morning?

In my sleepy state I didn't really think about it much, and just made my way down the stairs to answer the door since my mother was not awake yet. I opened the door, and to my surprise there was Juliana, good as new standing in front of me.

"Juliana!" I said, now suddenly feeling my earlier sleepiness washed away. "You're awake. You're okay. How?" I was feeling so happy, but also very confused. All of her bruises were gone, her face flawless once more. Like the accident had never happened.

"Of course silly!" She said giggling, showing me her beautiful smile. She then walked into my house and made her way to my stairs. I gave her a questioning look, but since her back was faced to me, I spoke up.

"Uh, what are you doing?" I wondered, following her lead anyway. She was already at the top of the stairs, and I caught up to her quickly. She ignored my question, and made her way towards my bedroom.

Once we were both inside it, she shut the door and faced me while I was currently sitting on the edge of my bed. Her smile was propionate on her face, but I could see something else behind it, and I was eager to find out what that was. She suddenly looked up at my celling, like there was something there to look at. Almost gazing at the white paint as if we were outside during the night looking up at the stars shining down on us.

"You're smarter than you look, you know?"

"What do you mean?" I questioned, still not seeing why she was at my house at 6 in the morning.

"I thought you were going to be harder to teach than you actually were. You weren't even trying before, were you?"

"No not really..." I confessed looking down at my feet.

"When I figured that out I asked myself 'Why? Why would you do that when you have so much potential? Could it be because you wanted to look cool? Or because of your sister?'" I snapped my head up at her, shocked at the words that escaped her soft lips.

"How did you...?" I said worriedly wondering how she knew before she interrupted me like she hadn't heard me speak up. She was in her own world, and didn't seem to hear me at all.

"You don't know this, but it was neither of those reasons. You just tell yourself that so you have an excuse to not see what you can be. You want to know why you tell yourself those things? It's because you're afraid. You're afraid of yourself, and what you can become, because if you pushed yourself to your full potential you could be just like your parents and become a lower, a doctor, a business owner, but you're scared. You're scared because when you think of your parents you think of how much love they have for each other, and you know you wouldn't be able to handle that. You know why?"

"Because I'm scared," I answered for her. She was right, she was completely right, and I didn't know that until now.

"Exactly," Her eyes were now staring into mine with an intensity I had never seen before. She began to walk towards me, slowly but with confidence. Soon enough she was right in front of me. Her face only inches away from mine. "But" She laughed at herself from, in guessing, the thought that popped into her mind. "Now that you've found love, you're not scared anymore,"

"Wait...what?" I said, confused as to what she was confronting me with.

"You heard me, and so you know...neither am I," She didn't give me time to react before her lips crashed into mine.

At first I didn't kiss back because of how shocked I was at the action occurring, but then her soft sexy lips moving against mine got the best of me. When I finally gave in she smiled against my lips, and began backing me up onto the bed. I ran my fingers through her hair while my left hand was sitting in her waist.

I brushed my tongue across her bottom lip asking for entrance, and she accepted instantly. Our tongues explored each other's mouths. I pulled away moving my lips towards her neck, biting down softly, making her release a sexy moan. I could feel a shuffling in my pants, which didn't go unnoticed by her.

Just as I was about to pull down my jeans I heard her say "Remember what I told you, and I may not know my feelings yet, but that doesn't mean I'm completely clueless," I was confused by her words until I watched her get up, open the door, and leave the room. The loud sound of the door closing brought me back to reality.

I woke up sweating, painting, and aroused. I looked at the clock to see it was noon. Did that just happen? I didn't really know how to respond to what just went on in that dream. What did it mean? What did she mean by "...that doesn't mean I'm completely clueless"? What does she know?

I really didn't want to think about it right now. I knew my mom wouldn't mind if I skipped today, with what was going on, so I just set my alarm for when I would need to wake up again to see Juliana and leaned back into my bed.

Soon enough sleep enveloped me, and I let dreams of driving my Ferrari invade my mind.