Chapter 12

"You come with us!" Harry shouted and Sirius shook his head.

"You're the important one, now, Harry. I have to help the Order." Slowly, Harry let go of Sirius's rob sleeve. Olivia grabbed her brothers hand.

Harry looked into his Godfathers eyes. "I'll always be here for you, Harry. Now go!"

Olivia pulled him away from Sirius and to the door. A spell rocketed past Sirius's head.

Bellatrix leapt down in front of Sirius. She smiled at him. He grinned at her."Hello, cousin!" He fired a spell at her. She dodged and leapt down to the dais on which the Veil sat. Sirius leapt after.

Their wands clashed, blinding lights exploded from the tip.

Harry, Neville, and Olivia climbed towards the door. "Potter! Snape!" They whirled around to find Lucius feet away, holding his wand out to them. "We may have lost the prophesy, but I can still deliver you to the Dark Lord!"

He waved his wand at Harry. "Stupify!" Neville held Olivia back.

Harry and Olivia lifted their wands. "Protego!"

"Stupify!" Olivia yelled and it hit Malfoy straight in the chest. "How does that feel you fucker!" Olivia's hair was red.

"Language!" Someone yelled.

The door opened and Dumbledore, eyes blazing, entered, his wand at the ready.

"It's Dumbledore!" Malfoy attempted to run, but Dumbledore snapped his wand out, and Malfoy was knocked over and dragged back.

Dumbledore moved past the three and descended into what appeared to be a war zone.

He reached the fight before the Death Eaters even know he's there.

Dumbledore blasted two of them across the room before the rest notice. They broke for the exit, but members of the Order were already there, stunning them.

Bellatrix fired a stunning spell. Sirius ducked underneath it laughing. "Is that the best you've got, cousin?"

He didn't even see it coming. He barely finished his sentence when the second spell hit him in the chest.

He was lifted into the air, a look of shook was on his face. Time seemed to slow for Harry as he watched Sirius descent. And then Sirius fell into the Veil, his body simply falling behind it.

He didn't reappear on the other side. Olivia tried to grab Harry as he sprinted.

Everything seemed to be in slow motion. "Sirius!" He leapt down towards the Veil, abandoning everything. Tears were streaming down in face. His wand drifted from his grip and clattered behind him.

He leapt to the lowest level and charged up to the dais. Lupin reached out and grabbed him, holding him fast. "Let me go!" He hit Lupin, trying to break away from him.

"Harry! Harry! He's gone, there's nothing you can do." Harry hit him across the face, struggling wildly.

"Liar!" Things seemed to slow down. All sound died away for Harry. Olivia watched on with horror and sadness.

Spells flashed and explode all around, bathing the room in strange colors. Mixing with the light of the blue candles.

But Harry's legs simply gave out and he slumped against Lupin, who was also crying.

Harry clinched and unclenched his fists in agony. Beating them weakly against Lupin's chest. "No, no, no." Lupin bodily picked Harry up.

He carried him away from the Dais. He let go of Harry and turned to help Neville and Olivia. Harry stood dumbfounded beside him, still staring at the Veil.