Bucky Barnes

You stared down at the picture in your hand,it was taken after Steve had rescued Bucky

You stared down at the picture in your hand,it was taken after Steve had rescued Bucky. Steve has been your bestfriend since you were kids but you always had a crush on Bucky,everyone knew it. A year before he joined the army,you had both decided to give it a shot and you had definitely fell for the Buchanan boy.

When Steve had told you about Bucky's accident,you cried for days. Your heart broke and it felt like your world had come crashing down on you. Everything got worse when you had learned of your bestfriends death. First Bucky and now Steve. A few tears slipped and fell onto the picture,you wished you could see their smiles just once more and hear them laugh again.

It had been 70 years and the pain of losing both of your boys never eased. You lay in the hospital bed,fighting for more breaths as you clutched onto the picture.

"Excuse me,miss. You have a visitor" a nurse smiled and quickly exited when you have a short nod. You turned to your side to come face to face with a familiar face. Your eyes met his blue ones as a strand of his long hair fell in his face.

"Bucky?" You questioned,not being able to believe your eyes. He was dead. He'd been dead for 70 years.

"Hey doll,I told you I'd come back"

"But you died" you breathed out,tears pooling at the bottom of your eyes.

"Even death can't stop true love" Bucky gripped your hand as he saw a soft smile settle on your face and your body relax.

"I waited for you,Buck. I...love..."

A tear slipped Bucky's eye as he watched you take your last breath. If he only he had gotten away from hydra sooner. No amount of times of brainwashing could make him forget you. He always held on to the thought of you and it was you that helped him make it out alive.

"I love you too,doll" he whispered as he bent down to kiss your forehead. He noticed your hand gripped around a piece of paper,he managed to get it free without it ripping and a sad smile appeared on his face.

"My happy boys. Come home to me soon. I love you both" was written on the back of the picture.