2004

It was the last day before Summer break, when 6 year old Roxy awaits the bell to ring so she can get home to her parents. Her father got off early at work so that he would surprise little Roxy to celebrate the Summer Break. The bell rang and it was time for Roxy to go home. She goes out to wait for her mother with her teacher, as usual, but little did she know that her life was about to change.

An hour has passed and her mother hasn't arrived yet. The teacher called her mother, but she didn't respond. Another half hour has passed and her mother hasn't shown up. Soon, a cop stops in front of the school and she asked for Roxy. She takes her to a nearby cafe' to get some hot chocolate and tells her the bad news.

Her parents were involved in a bad car accident with a truck and both of them died on impact. Roxy bursted crying. She was alone and she didn't know what was going to happen. The cop informed her that she was going to be in the foster care system for a little while, then she would get adopted.

The cop took her to the house that was going to foster her. They knock on the door and a blonde woman opens the door. Behind her there was a young blonde boy. Roxy looked at him and smiled. Roxy got in and the mother helped her settle in. The boy stayed around and introduced himself. His name is Blaze. He was 8 years old and he told her that he wants to be her friend.

A few months have passed and the parents decide to adopt Roxy. She was so happy when she got the news. She liked the parents and she has become Blaze's best friend. It was the first time she felt very happy after the incident. She felt at home and she was about to grow up with her best friend.