Chapter 2

December 16th, 2018 6:45 PM -
We just finished listening to the breaking news about the outbreak. About 2 days earlier my grandmother caught this so called "flu". She's been in the hospital ever since then and we have been meaning to visit. I look at my mom worried about my grandma "Let's finish wrapping and decorating and we'll visit grandma tomorrow" my mother says to me. We finish what we're doing and go to bed.

December 17th, 2018 7:30 AM -
We wake up early to get a head start into the day. As I wait for my turn to shower I decide finish up my Christmas break homework my geometry teacher gave us. After a while I finish what I can and take a shower and leave to the hospital. Before we get out the car and head in my mom turns to me and my sister "put these on I can't afford y'all to get sick" she says while she hands us our mask. We nod and put them on and head inside. The hospital is a big place but only 3 stories high. The waiting room is filled with people both sick and visiting but most of them were sick. they had Bloody coughs and lots of sweat luckily were just here to visit. "We're here to check on my mother." My mom says to the nurse. "Name?" The nurse Replies."Mercedes" my mom replies back. "Right this way" the nurse says while she unlocks the door with her key card attached to her belt. While we walk you can see each room is already taken. "Excuse me" a doctor says while he passed by me with a box of bloody rags. Room 263 hallway c is where she is waiting for our arrival. We enter my grandmothers room to see her watching a show called true crimes on the tv. "Ah mijos y'all finally came" she says with a big smile on her face. We stayed there a while taking in every last moment we could with her. I knew she didn't have long she was old and weak but still strong in her own way. 2 hours passed by faster then we thought. The intercoms screech on just like in school "we need all visitors to leave the building for today so we can focus on our patients please and thank you". It wasn't easy leaving knowing we couldn't come back unless we were also sick. We left the hospital and headed back home.

December 20th, 2018 10:27 PM
I was laying in bed trying to sleep but the constant passing of loud police sirens kept me up. I got up from the bed to get a drink of water. I sleep next to the kitchen so it's not that far of a trip. I grab the biggest cup and pouring water and ice into the cup. I slowly drink my water while I take baby steps back toward my bed. Loud banging comes from the front door. I drop my cup of water spilling the water on the ground. My mom and my sister are deep sleepers so they didn't wake up immediately. I slowly start to walk toward the front door. Looking at the locks I discovered that the door was left unlocked from when my mom came home from work not too long ago. Slowly walking faster towards the door I try to get to it as fast and as quietly as I can to lock it but I was too late.  The door slowly swings opens revealing the man behind the door.