Prologue

Brandy sat in the front seat of the Impala, waiting for Dean to come back from the bathroom. They had been driving for the past six hours and Brandy insisted that Dean takes a break to fill up the car and relieve himself. Plus she wanted wanted some peanut m&ms.

She watched as people filled up their cars, walked inside to pay and walked back out, got in their cars and continued on their way. She often wondered what life would be like if she hadn't been a hunter, or if her mother hadn't died by the hands of a demon. She caught herself thinking too much and decided to go back to watching the people continue on with their days.

While she was distracted she didn't notice Dean walking up to the car, he took this as his chance to scare her. He crept to the passenger side window and knocked. Brandy jumped, covered her face with her hands and let out a very girly shriek. Dean let out a boisterous laugh and held his stomach taking so much enjoyment out of his sister's reaction.

Once Brandy had calmed down a little she turned to driver's seat where Dean now sat. "You're such a jackass" she said her annoyance clear in her voice.

Dean just smirked at her trying to come up with a smart remark. "Well maybe you should stop being so easy to scare short stack" he said cockily.

Brandy just rolled her eyes and scoffed. "Oh hardy har har, anyway, what's your plan to get Sammy on board with 'Mission find daddy dearest'?"

Dean starts the car and begins to reverse. "Well I was thinking maybe just kidnap him and torture him a little" he says voice dripping with sarcasm.

His little sister just rolled her eyes again and cracked a small smile at his poor attempt at a joke. "And then what? We force him to use his superior intellect to track down dad?"

Dean just shakes his head at her antics. "Yeah something like that"

"I'm serious Dean, we can't just waltz into Stanford, and expect him to drop everything to help find dad. He wanted out and he got out and I think we should leave him be. Let him live the normal life we both missed out on" she said trying to convince Dean to leave their brother out of it.

"Yeah well, I'm serious too, we need Sammy. As much as I appreciate your research skills, he's always been better at finding information than both of us combined" Dean pressed.

"No Dean, we don't need Sammy, you just want him back with us. Look I miss him too and all three of us make one hell of a team but please, we can't drag him back into this life" she pleaded with him.

Dean had finally had enough of his sister and decided to pop in a cassette tape and turn the music up so he no longer had to listen. "Real mature jackass!" Brandy tries to yell over the music.

He just looks at her and mouths "I can't hear you" then turns his attention back to the road. Brandy just huffs and sits back in her chair crossing her arms knowing that this is going to be a long drive. Dean just smirked knowing that had won this battle, even if it was by default.

[DISCLAIMER] I don't own any of the characters, story-lines, ideas or dialogues that occur in Supernatural, though I do own any characters, story-lines, ideas and dialogues that do not occur in Supernatural