₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ 7

JAREN'S POV

I went speeding through the New York traffic. My heart was beating fast as my hands gripped the steering wheel. I did not need this on my hands. If Katelyn died on my watch I'd never get out of this dreadful mess. How could I have not cleaned her leg. Because her irritating smart mouth that's why!!! Because I was stupid, because I was an idiot, because I was...what did she call it? Pezzo di merda.

I swerved, barely avoiding a large truck, it's horn blasted but I didn't listen. I heard a yelp in the back seat where I had put Katelyn.

"Katelyn?" I breathed.

"Ouch." She drew in sharply.

"Please listen to me." I tried to stay calm. I didn't know why I couldn't let her die but I just couldn't. "You need to stay awake, ya hear me, stay awake." My eyes looked into the mirror where I saw her nod in pain. 

Soon we were at the hospital. My heart pounded in my ears and I helped her inside. I handed her off to a nurse and slumped into a chair. I barely got a moment to breathe before my phone rang.

"What?" I snapped.

"Boss, where are you? We need that shipment done by today or the Medaglioni d'oro are going to be pissed." 

"Ugh the Gold Medallions can wait." I snarled into the phone. "I've got police business."

Archie scoffed on the otherside of the phone. "You should really quit that man."

"Trust me if I could, I would." I rolled my eyes. "But they've been chasing my tail since that robbery. The only way to get them to lighten up is to be one of them. And now I'm dealing with a 'suspect' who's leg got infected on MY watch."

"Suspect?"

"The chick murdered someone." I grumbled.

"Ooh..." He paused for a moment. "Is she hot?" 

I hung up. 

A few minutes later a nurse came out into the waiting room to call my name.

"How is she?" I asked.

"Just as you suspected, infected wound." The nurse stated. "We are very luck you got here in time or we would've had to amputate her leg." Relief washed over me and the nurse gave me the rest of the details. 

It didn't take to long for Katelyn to be treated and bandaged. She was rolled out in a wheel chair. The nurse had me sign some paper work and Kate glared at me the whole time, but to my surprise, she kept her big mouth shut. 

I wheeled Katelyn out the car and opened the car door for her. I offered her my hand to help her into the car and not only did she reject it but she slap me like I was the devil.

"Idiot." She hissed before sliding into the passenger seat. I climbed in next to her, grinding my teeth.

"This is all your fault you know?" She snapped after a long period of me driving in silence.

"My fault? How is this MY fault?" I said, my tone loud. 

"Um let's see shall we?" She obnoxiously tapped her chin. "You undid the bandaid and brought me into your creepy dungeon for a frickin' INTERROGATION!" 

"If you didn't run you mouth so much we would've in this bullcrap!" He shouted back. 

"Ugh I hate you!" She screamed, pounding her fist on the dash board.

"Like wise, signorina." I said through gritted teeth. 

Silence wraps around us once again. I could tell Katelyn was fuming, I was curious to see what she'd do next. As if too read my mind she pounded her palm onto the voluming, turning it up forcefully. 

"You gonna pay to fix it?" I sneered but she only turned the music louder. 

It wasn't long before Katelyn started to hum along. I rolled my eyes which made her grin widen. She then began singing too, soft at first but grew her tone. Soon she was belting the words and smirking at me, egging on my impatience with her. 

But when I kept my mouth shut she reached her skinny little arm over and rolled down my window, then her own.  Her hair blew in the wind as she giggled and tossed it out of her face. I set my jaw forward and pounded on the pedal. She screamed in delight and raised her hands up up through the open roof. 

Nothing can shake this girl, I huffed

We pulled up at my house and her smile was gone. 

"How's your leg?" I asked getting out of the car. 

"None of your business." She said darkly. 

I rolled up her wheel chair to the car door and Kate reluctantly climbed in. I wheeled her into the house and to her bedroom. 

"What?" She remarked. "No interrogation or threats or accusing me of things I didn't do. Come on, Jaren, I thought we were having fun." 

She raised an eyebrow, as if too challenge me. Any other day I would've taken her up on it but I was tired.

"I'd love to continue, signorina. I really would. But I'm tired from driving you're infected crap around town. Another night." I winked than left her room without looking back. 

KATELYN'S POV

Once again he left me angry and irritated. This man was messing with my mind. I needed to leave but at the moment I was too exhausted to think straight. My leg ached and my vision was fuzzy from intense medication. 

I closed my eyes, falling back on the feather pillows. Planning my escape plan, I drifted off to

₴ⱠɆɆ₱