Chapter 3- A New Start pt.1

River P.O.V

I ran a hand through my light, brown hair as I stood still, before grabbing my packed bags and hurrying out the front door. The door slammed behind me and gave me another reason to leave this place which was now my neighbours throwing complaints because I made too much noise.

I dropped my bags and took one last look at my house, that now had a 'Sold' sign penetrated into the slightly dead grass. I sighed and thought about Paris, the nice change in scenery, no annoying neighbours and the dream bakery that I'd always dreamed about opening. I had no idea why though, I got teased and I did eventually realize that it was kinda girly to want to open a bakery. Meh. At-least I was going to Paris. I might even get a decent job if the bakery dosen't go to plan.

The large grey roof held in place, the brick walls and white-coated walls stood relaxed in my veiw, the windows looked perfect in place with the walls and the door watched me as I slowly stepped backwards.

I shrugged off the shivers that were desperately trying to travel down my spine and slowly opened the cab door, chucking my bags beneath my feet and then slamming the car door.

"Where to sir?" The man in the front asked with a mild Essex accent.

I mentally face-palmed, didn't I phone up the man and tell him where I was and where I wanted to go.

I looked out of the side window at my now, sold house and shrugged, "The airport." It felt relieving the say it, because if I didn't then I would've struggled to buy my house back.

The journey was extremely boring and I felt like everything that I had ever known was being left behind. Maybe the physical things but not the mentally thought about things. The green hills and old, brown houses seemed to fade into the depths of the mist and the trees, drowning, but struggling to call for help.

I must've been deep in thought because I was soon snapped out of whatever was going on up there, by a large hand attacking the air in front of my face.

"Sir, we're here." The cab driver informed me, gesturing his hand out, probably for the money.

I rolled my eyes and slapped a 10£ bill into his hand. He looked at me as if he wanted me to tell him to keep the change.

I ignored his glare, slung my rather huge bag over my shoulder and stared at the airport, before watching the cab sheepishly speeding away. I rolled my dark green eyes and pulled out a cigarette and a lighter. I quickly lit the cigarette and pushed it between my lips. People were streaming in and out of the doors, either carrying a small bag or dragging 3 suitcases behind them. They literally looked like they were dressed for Antarctica or the Jungle. I looked up at the stars and a mid-life crisis slowly crept into my mind. My eyes widened and I quickly shook my head and took a few puffs from my cigarette, before throwing it on the ground and stomping on it.

I ignored my mental comments and walked toward the large, glass door, it was packed. People were running up the stairs, pushing the people who just stood there; out of their ways. There was a huge line at the café that made me cringe at the thought of waiting in that line. The shiny floor squeaked as I walked towards the huge counter where you chuck your bags on and they magically teleport into the plane.

"Hello sir. Passport please." A women at the counter eyed me suspiciously as I searched my bag for my passport.

I handed it to her and she somewhat looked disappointed that she couldn't tell me off or call security on me. She stared at my face, then at my passport, only to give a sarcastic smile and passport in return.

"Ticket please." She said boredly.

I also gave that to her, but this time she didn't just smile, she laughed.

"Paris?" She giggled.

My eyes shifted to my bag that was now being slowly moved into a large hole in the wall.

"Yeah. Paris." I mocked, taking the ticket from her and stuffing it in my pocket.

"Oh, you're from round here?" Her face instantly lightened up and she grimaced at the people who were impatiently waiting behind me.

"Look, I'd love to stay and chat but I've got a plane to catch." I said sheepishly.

She smirked and gestured over to a double door area with such little people walking in.

"Thanks." I smiled at her and sped over to the doors and inside the room.

A loud speaker boomed throughtout the room, making everybody hold their ears (which was literally 9 people, I might say).

'Flight 74829, to Paris is now opened. Passengers on the flight 74829, please make your way to entrance 7.' The voice informed.

My heart skipped a beat and moments after running into several wrong terminals, I finally boarded my plane. First class I might add. I smiled at my seat and plopped down on the huge seat that could descend 50% more than an economy seat. I did spend most of the money I got from selling my house on trying to get a first class seat, but from what I could see, it was worth it.

A flight attendant came speeding down the isle and over to me. She looked pissed.

"Sir. Please place your seatbelt into the holder and put your chair up." She hurried, like she had rehearsed.

"You mean put my seatbelt on." I mocked, raising an eyebrow.

"That is what I just said." She informed, pointing at her imaginary wrist watch.

I slowly put my seat back up and raised my hands in surrender.

"Seatbelt" She almost yelled.

"Okay, okay." I quickly replied, locking the seatbelt in place.

"Thank you sir, have a good flight and I hope everything is up to your standard." She nodded before hurrying away, towards the cabin.

I chuckled before planting my blue earphones into my ears and quickly falling asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sir, Sir." A mans voice filled my right ear. "The plane has landed, I repeat the plane ha-"

I held out my large hand toward the annoying sound source and attacked the air. "Okay. Whatever."

The man grunted and quickly hurried down the plane isle and hopefully off the plane. I stretched my arms high above my head and sat in the position for a few seconds before stuffing my earphones into my denim jeans pocket, where my passport, ticket and phone was stored. I eyed the people who were lazily walking down the isle and quickly slipped into the never ending line of people who really wanted to get off the plane. 

I hurried down the long isle that connected to the plane to allow people to walk on and off and bumped hard into somebody. The young female face looked up at me and her eyes widened by the second.

(Chapter written by Em) Hiya! This is a snippet of River's story and sort of why he decided to leave England. Let us know what you think of our chapters and vote/share/add.

em:)